Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take a Look in the Mirror

• See You on the Other Side

• Total voters

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Since the consensus is pretty clear that Korn is the best nu-metal band, I want to know what people think is their best album.

I like Issues the best.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I would have voted self titled as it is quintessential and probably one of the best rock albums on the 90s. But Life is Peachy honed the sound of the former and created something as seismic and impassioned as Nevermind. to me at least Korn took the angst of the grunge era and made a masterpiece from it. they called it Life is Peachy. it was the last time this kind of music would be made by anyone. truly a miracle album. I know I sound pompous, I am

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I've always been a fan of FTL, but LIP is great also.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I actually listened to the s/t last night. The album is straight up avant garde; there was nothing like it at the time, and they deserve that recognition regardless of the fact that they ushered in one of the worst genres in modern times.

There was a lot of backlash when Follow the Leader came out, but other than the rap songs, I thought it was great. It wasn't game-changing like s/t though.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I like Issues the best.

Really, honestly that's when I gave up on that band...

I voted for self titled since it's the only one I can listen to these days (kinda). Crazy, because I used to love that band at one time.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I agree the first album was Avant Garde, literally. I feel Life is Peachy should be considered a continuation of that album, not something separate. What a lot of later bands like Linkin Park and Papa Roach where unable to reproduce because they probably didn't understand it, is that with the first material Korn was making it wasn't formulaic, these where real songs, very unhinged but coming as much from funk as from rock. Really well written, really strange but honest music.

Last edited:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Really, honestly that's when I gave up on that band...

I voted for self titled since it's the only one I can listen to these days (kinda). Crazy, because I used to love that band at one time.

I get that it's a little more formulaic, more listenable and radio-friendly...so I respect people who stopped caring with LiP or FtL. I just find it's a happy medium between the more cutting edge early work and the boring and just plain bad stuff that came after.

I actually went to a Korn concert around 2004-2005, and for what it's worth I thought they were pretty good live. Played a full 2 hour set, played all their material, and even had a decent nu metal opener (Mudvayne).