PSVR + Wipeout

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I don't play my PSVR much. It's a real bitch to get out - swap around HDMI cables since I can't leave it hooked up to my PS4 Pro without losing HDR, etc.

So, every so often I plug it in and play around. Usually just to play Thumper and whatever crap I bought during a sale a month or two prior.

I finally got around to playing the update to Wipeout with full VR support and HOLY SHIT. I now consider my PSVR a Wipeout simulator. Hands-down my favorite game to play on the platform so far. Honestly a system seller IMO.

If you haven't played Wipeout on your PSVR, please do it ASAP. It's amazing.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I don't play my PSVR much. It's a real bitch to get out - swap around HDMI cables since I can't leave it hooked up to my PS4 Pro without losing HDR, etc.

So, every so often I plug it in and play around. Usually just to play Thumper and whatever crap I bought during a sale a month or two prior.

I finally got around to playing the update to Wipeout with full VR support and HOLY SHIT. I now consider my PSVR a Wipeout simulator. Hands-down my favorite game to play on the platform so far. Honestly a system seller IMO.

If you haven't played Wipeout on your PSVR, please do it ASAP. It's amazing.

Yeah Wipeout VR is amazing!
Farpoint is also amazing if you have not tried it and like FPS style games :)

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I usually keep up with the sub-Reddit for PSVR, Wipeout has been considered the top game by the majority of people! I actually finally bought it this afternoon, it was selling for about $60CDN but has been marked down by all retailers here to $30CDN.

Why do you think Sony doesn't market the fact that the entire game has been overhauled for VR? There is no marking or label on the product to distinguish it from any other PSVR game. Just seems weird since it's such an mind blowing experience. I'd be interested in hearing what the best view settings are since I was stuck with the demo, it felt tedious to experiment with the settings and there was only a single playable track.

This will keep me away from Skyrim for awhile!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Why do you think Sony doesn't market the fact that the entire game has been overhauled for VR? There is no marking or label on the product to distinguish it from any other PSVR game.

Because the VR part got patched in not too long ago.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Because the VR part got patched in not too long ago.

Right, but the point stands - they've done nothing to promote it. Be it on the PS store or on the shelf. Even a sticker sent to retailers or something?!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
How is VR with racing games?

sparksterz

Camel Slug
...since I can't leave it hooked up to my PS4 Pro without losing HDR, etc.

Yeah, and the real kick in the nuts is that they're fixing it, but you can't even just swap out the break out box.

"The new Processor Unit model is incompatible with the original PlayStation VR headset, Sony noted. “Because the cables of CUH-ZVR1 and CUH-ZVR2 are different, you cannot swap the Processor Units,”
Source - https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/2/1...e-update-2-cuh-zvr2-hdr-pass-through-sony-ps4

Why they didn't have this ready in time for the PS4 Pro is beyond me, or even then at the very least, having a compatible solution for the early adopters.

-SD-

Camel Slug
How vomit inducing is Wipeout in VR.... anyone had a wobbly tummy from it?

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i still havn't played a vr game, and i'm ok with that.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
How vomit inducing is Wipeout in VR.... anyone had a wobbly tummy from it?

I've found that after a short while playing with the system I get ZERO stomach reactions to games anymore...at all. This is actually a blessing and a curse because I like that feeling of going on a roller coaster...but I'm numb to it now. Wipeout is perfect because it sets up blinders for you. No queeziness at all.

Have you considered using a switch? I use one for mine, it's kinda ghetto but I'd rather press one button instead of having to hook it back up all the time.

Here's the one I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WP755QH/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Funny thing is I bought one for this exact purpose but have been too lazy to hook it all up hahah

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Wipeout with VR is pretty cool, but my favorite experience so far was Rez Infinite's Area X mode.