• Limp Bizkit

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Korn

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Not exclusively, but yeah, I like those bands. I also like classic metal like Priest, Maiden, Sabbath, Ozzy, Rainbow, Dio, Thin Lizzy, BOC, Deep Purple, Saxon, etc.

And modern metal from different genres like Sabaton, Kamelot, Rhapsody of Fire, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, etc.
I can't believe you said this in one post? Classical metal yet listening to bands like Satabaton and Kamelot? :scratch:
You need guidance dude.:oh_no:

Marek

Banned
I don't hate it, but it's a bit too dramatic in terms of style and the production sounds too polished. I really don't like that super in your face double bass. Prosthetic lost their cash cow, Animals as Leaders, after two albums and don't have anyone notable left, as far as my taste goes.

Fair enough! Its definitely not something id listen to day to day, but i had the opportunity to see them live and they fucking crushed it.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don’t mind that style of atmospheric BM from Wayfarer. They’re signed to Profound Lore which are known for their quality. Drummer is in Blood Incantation which are hot shit in the tech death front right now.

Also Fami’s argument got rekt. There’d be some serious nursing of wounds going on. No metal head wants to hear they’ve been living a lie. That shit is hard to back up on.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Also Fami’s argument got rekt. There’d be some serious nursing of wounds going on.
Presently I don't give a shit about any of this. Some stupid bitch hit my parked car in a post office parking lot about an hour ago, so mostly I'm bitching about that.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Presently I don't give a shit about any of this. Some stupid bitch hit my parked car in a post office parking lot about an hour ago, so mostly I'm bitching about that.

Isn't your car worth less than the letter you were posting?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
2005 Altima with no prior damage. Now the whole passenger side door is one big dent.

You should vent your anger by listening to some metal symphonies.

Let the choirs flow through you.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I have been reading this thread from the beginning and I must say that it is:
Glorious.jpg

Spoiler:
intentional

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
This futile discussion could just as well be about religion.
A genre can't be classified by checking off a list.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Is it though?

I'd compare it to that Filipino kid they got to replace Steve Perry in Journey. It's a technically impressive impersonation. It's also weird and a little sad.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Greta Van Fleet are horrible.
Ever heard Vintage Caravan? A little more traditional but quite bad too.
Rock is kind of dead

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Remember the first time you popped the CD into the machine and this came out the speakers?
Fuck me sideways

Same thing happened with both first albums and then with the self titled one (which has been my favourite of theirs for the past 5 or so years. Took a while to grow on me. Post hardcore influence very present, post hardcore scene was amazing then)

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
No it's not.

The kind of part was always ment to be a back door to get out of standing firm on that statement.
Rock is far from dead but its been a weird few years

Edit: and Graveyard sound pretty great. Akin in kind to Devil's Blood?

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Never heard of Graveyard before. This is really cool!

Night Flight Orchestra is another good rock band going on these days:

I can get down with this. I like the fact that Nuclear Blast have extended out to rock. And with good reason, both bands are really talented and their music is immediately catchy, as rock should be.

So the singer from Night Flight Orchestra is in Soilwork? Not a band I am really into but whenever I've heard them I always thought the singing was top notch. When it comes to music, especially metal (and clearly rock), Sweden are a powerhouse - Bathory (black metal, viking metal), Swedish death metal, melodic death metal (there'd be no metalcore if it wasn't for Gothenburg), ABBA :glee: