• Korn

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I hope people start posting non-nu metal bands in this thread so I can
tell them how "band X isn't nu-metal".

Anyways, nu metal sucks, but I like the first two korn albums and deftones. Yes, so embarrassing I know!

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Yeah, but they are the spiritual predecessor to the fake "metal" bands that you see in concert.

So...

Nightwish, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, Battle Beast, Delain, etc have nothing in common with Nu Metal.

So...

Not to mention the genres both started at roughly the same time (1993-1996).

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Korn is fucking great.

The rest of the options are trash though.

Slipknot should be a poll choice fwiw

famicommander

15 Year Member
Korn is fucking great.

The rest of the options are trash though.

Slipknot should be a poll choice fwiw

Slipknot is to heavy metal what Insane Clown Posse is to rap.

Basically, they should all be dropped into a volcano.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm referring to this

As for metal, I think In This Moment qualifies. I'd call it something in between goth metal and alternative metal.

It's post-numetal butt rock.

Although that type of cheesy crap mainly borrows from types of metal/metalcore, it's shudder inducing hyper commercial sounding sing-songiness is totally the product of the foundation nu-metal laid.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Slipknot is to heavy metal what Insane Clown Posse is to rap.

Basically, they should all be dropped into a volcano.

Dude... you listen to some of the cheesdickiest metal ive ever heard. Youre not allowed to shit on slipknot.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I'm referring to this

Although that type of cheesy crap mainly borrows from recycled gothenburg dm and metalcore, it's shudder inducing hyper commercial sounding sing-songiness is totally the product of the foundation nu-metal laid.
You can name one band I've seen that is vaguely influenced by Nu Metal.

I'd say it's way, way, way more influenced by stuff like Alice Cooper. The band itself lists Pantera, Whitesnake, Ratt, Motley Crue, Deftones, Dead Can Dance, and M83 among their influences. Of those, only early Deftones stuff could be described as Nu Metal.

Marek

Banned
I'm referring to this

Although that type of cheesy crap mainly borrows from recycled gothenburg dm and metalcore, it's shudder inducing hyper commercial sounding sing-songiness is totally the product of the foundation nu-metal laid.

Had to look up In This Moment - https://youtu.be/zfTz83yQ8hU

Wow thats fucking bad. Its mindblowingly bad.

Its like they had a casting call for actors to play in some fucked evanescence rip off theater troupe.

Slipknot is very authentic, love it or hate it. They are 1000x more brutal than that soft dick bullshit in the video

famicommander

15 Year Member
Dude... you listen to some of the cheesdickiest metal ive ever heard. Youre not allowed to shit on slipknot.

I just did.

Slipknot fucking sucks:

And Within Temptation fucking rules:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
All music sucks except what I like, which is subject to change depending on the argument.

famicommander

15 Year Member
^

Both bands are essentially tailored to the same types of fans.

It's cheesy commercial non-metal "metal".

Don't you see?

I see that you're a pretentious cock jockey spitting out buzzwords and no substantial arguments.

Symphonic metal requires the ability to play actual music, and the ability to actually sing. Nu Metal requires neither.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I see that you're a pretentious cock jockey spitting out buzzwords and no substantial arguments.

Symphonic metal requires the ability to play actual music, and the ability to actually sing. Nu Metal requires neither.

Buzzwords?! Me?

You're calling this crap "symphonic"! Hahaha

I have to go somewhere I hope we can discuss more soon...

famicommander

15 Year Member
Buzzwords?! Me?

You're calling this crap "symphonic"! Hahaha

That's literally what the genre occupied by Within Temptation, Nightwish, Epica, Delain, etc is called.

Symphonic metal is a subgenre of heavy metal music which combines the heavy drums and guitars of metal with different elements of orchestral classical music, such as symphonic instruments, choirs and sometimes a full orchestra. Keyboards reminiscent of power metal also sometimes featured.

Symphonic metal bands often feature classically trained female vocalists, giving rise to the nickname opera metal or operatic metal, and it is not uncommon for them to feature a second vocalist performing growls, a more common characteristic of gothic metal. Perhaps the most typical and prominent examples of symphonic metal bands are Dutch bands Epica, and Within Temptation, Finnish band Nightwish, and Swedish band Therion, all four of which place a large focus on elements prevalent in film scores on top of the more basic classical components utilized more widely in the genre.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphonic_metal

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Holy shit there is a lot of bad music going on in this thread! I'm not sure the point of this thread is, especially with a poll of only four choices...

Fami, you seem like an alright dude, but I really can't get into any of that shit. It all sounds the same to me and just too cheesy. It's like listening to Cradle of Filth (also not a fan) or some shit, but with a female singer.... definitely not my cup of tea.

As for Slipknot. I'm also not a fan, but even for the people who do like them: Explain to me how it takes NINE fucking people to make that sound? If it takes more than four or five dudes to play that trash, you're doing it wrong. There simply isn't enough going on to justify that many people making that noise.

All in all, nu-metal just sucks. I'm ashamed to admit I used to LOVE Korn, well their first two albums at least. Now whenever I hear their music, it just sounds bad and immature.

I did and still do like Deftones though, so maybe I'm a hypocrite.

All music sucks except what I like, which is subject to change depending on the argument.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I listen to nu metal it's tolerable because that is the closest thing to death metal my wife will listen to. Compromise otherwise I would have to listen to country...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I did it all for the nookie. We all do it for the nookie. Even you fagets do it for the nookie.

Also, isn't Fred Durst like the president of Sony? How could anyone not like him? Mad respect. MAD RESPECT!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I think I heard that Within Temptation song in GameStop once

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The first two Korn albums, first Limp Bizkit and first Slipknot album are all still very good albums. I also love Amy Lee. That being said, Deftones are the best Nu Metal band.