Losing weight!

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
So back in February of this year I went to the Doctor for my annual LEMS (Lambert Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome) check-up. I stepped on the scale and was horrified. 299.9 lbs. Shocked, I told my Jennifer, my wife, that there was no way I was going to be 300 pounds. I stopped drinking soda and started drinking water. I started eating healthier and a lot less. I can't excercise beacuse of my LEMS so everything has to be done through my eating. Today, I am halfway to my goal! I have lost 50 pounds and I have gone from a size 46 pants to a size 38. It wasn't easy and I still have a ways to go, but it's looking good! Check out my fatguy before picture and my comparison of then to now...

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Good job man! It's awesome that you took control and are on your way :) Keep it up, and keep us updated; I've fought this battle in the past, so I'm pulling for you to make it to your goal!

GhostSeed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
10 Year Member
Nice man, as a former fat ass myself nothing sucks as much as those first few months.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
You realise that if you shaved your beard... you'd look less like a serial killer...

Just sayin'...

xROTx

PS. Congrats tho :D

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Congrats! My wife and I got ourselves on the weight loss thing several years ago. Every time I look at our wedding photos I can't believe how much we used to weigh. It's such a good feeling as your losing. Keep it up and don't get disappointed if you plateau for awhile.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
That's awesome! Good work man.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Good job hombre, I too dropped the soda.

Shave the rape beard though...

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Awesome job man! I remember losing i think 80lbs when i went full on diet & exercise...Sadly i love food too much & was going to give up dieting...Kind of inspired to keep going, thanks for that. Keep us updated. Maybe we can open up a weight challenge again.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Feel free to send the lost weight my way, lol

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
This post makes me wonder how many people on this forum are overweight or obese.
Personally I' ve never had any issues and my BMI is 24 but is seems to be a sign of the times. Plus when you're gaming, you're not excercising so gaining weight is easier. What is everybody's bmi?

OP, keep it up! You'll feel fitter, stronger and more alert with each pound you lose.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
dude, i'm a size 38 (although i need a belt) and i have no belly at all. that is great.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the praise. It definitely helps to keep me motivated. I've had a couple people who I only see a few times a year ask me if I have lost a ton of weight. It's a good feeling when people notice the hard work you put in.

The beard has to stay for a while. I only grew it out cause my lady likes it. When she's done with it, it'll go lol.

This post makes me wonder how many people on this forum are overweight or obese.
Personally I' ve never had any issues and my BMI is 24 but is seems to be a sign of the times. Plus when you're gaming, you're not excercising so gaining weight is easier. What is everybody's bmi?

When I started out I was at 38.49 BMI. Currently, I am at 32.3 BMI.

brad808

n00b

OP, keep it up! You'll feel fitter, stronger and more alert with each pound you lose.
Hobby #2 for me is staying in shape. Hell of a lot more work than vids.

Good job OP keep up the hard work.
0e88343a29ceb4b72d6bf3616ff46fd4.jpg

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I definitely put on some weight last year. I ate whatever i wanted for about 2 months after a family member passed. People tended to feed me even more on top of that.

It comes off rather quickly with mindful eating and light workouts.

I have no interest in buying a new wardrobe so that usually snaps me back into reality too.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
great job man. It really just comes down to moderation. Cutting out soda is great as well. I still eat bad stuff, I just make sure its not a daily thing

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Congrats man! Keep up the good work bro!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

My BMI is 23.0 but I'm extremely lean as far as body fat, so possibly misleading. I'm about 5'10", 160 pounds. Not a massive amount of muscle mass but I'm pretty defined and pretty strong pound-for-pound. I also haven't worked out in 9 years besides working in a warehouse and I eat constantly, so I guess I'm lucky in that sense.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

BMI is kind of bull shit because it doesnt take muscle and fat ratio into account. Skinny fat is definitely a thing and not healthy. Im 6 0 according to the BMI index a healthy weight should be 137 lbs to 184 lbs. Im 180 and i dont feel anywhere near overweigh and according to BMI another 5 pounds i would be. At 137 pounds and 6 0 i would look like a holocaust victim. It would make more sense if a health weight for me was about 160 - 195 lbs

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Muscle or fat, it's weight which affects the heart. Obviously, a muscular person should have a healthier heart to begin with. It's lugging around the additional pounds period.

sr20det510

Geese's Limo Driver
Congrats!
I too stopped drinking soda as a way to drop the pounds.
I haven't had a soda in over 10 years.

In addition, I even stopped eating ice cream, candy, candy bars, and chocolate, but that only lasted about seven years.
A few years ago I was given a box of See's candy and ate a few. Now I eat chocolate about once a month.

What I realize is that after not eating the above listed things for a few years, I never really get the urge to eat them.

Goodluck, and hopefully you reach you.goal.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Congrats!
I too stopped drinking soda as a way to drop the pounds.
I haven't had a soda in over 10 years.

In addition, I even stopped eating ice cream, candy, candy bars, and chocolate, but that only lasted about seven years.
A few years ago I was given a box of See's candy and ate a few. Now I eat chocolate about once a month.

What I realize is that after not eating the above listed things for a few years, I never really get the urge to eat them.

Goodluck, and hopefully you reach you.goal.

Dark Chocolate is really good for you , anything above 70% cocoa. Good for blood pressure among other things