Losing weight!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Congrats!
I too stopped drinking soda as a way to drop the pounds.
I haven't had a soda in over 10 years.

In addition, I even stopped eating ice cream, candy, candy bars, and chocolate, but that only lasted about seven years.
A few years ago I was given a box of See's candy and ate a few. Now I eat chocolate about once a month.

What I realize is that after not eating the above listed things for a few years, I never really get the urge to eat them.

Goodluck, and hopefully you reach you.goal.

Sugar is a drug, the more you have the more you want. Drop sugar, not just the normal sugary treats but other food that has a lot of hidden sugar and the weight just falls off.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Agreed motty ole pal, Sugar is a huge fucking cunt of a thing that has been forced upon us in all of lifes terrible junk food/drink items. Soda or soft drink as we call it (because its soft, have a fuckin beer you soft cunt) is just laden with sugar and people drink the shit like it's water and wonder why they can't lose weight.

HELLO! it's literally diluted sugar syrup! fuck it off asap and piss off the cakes, the cookies, the candy and ice cream every night or whatever the hell people do as a habit as it's killing you softly.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Congrats on the weight loss dude! I've been doing the keto diet and weight lifting since March and lost 55 lbs so far. Carbs are the devil.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
BMI is kind of bull shit because it doesnt take muscle and fat ratio into account.

Agreed. I used to weightlift a lot in my 20’s. Of course, according to the BMI index I was morbidly obese, which was certainly not the case, as I had gained a lot of muscle. I stopped weightlifting in my early thirties, and the muscle got replaced with fat. Finally had enough and lost a little over 30 pounds last summer, and have kept it off.

Congrats NERDtendo on the weight loss, stay on course!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
My g/f is on weight watchers and always planning meals and taking about points. She eats the following:

Tilapia
Baby Carrots w/ low fat dressing
Turkey Sandwiches
Chicken Breast
Pinto Beans
Black Beans

And that's about it. She's lost a little bit but not much over the past few months.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
It’s been 9 months since I started losing weight. Today I am at 225 pounds. That’s 75 pounds lost. I’m in the final stretch. I hope to be at my target weight by February. I had more than a month where I stayed at the same weight. I buckled down and stopped slacking (dang Schwans with your awesome ice cream cones!). I’m on track now.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
good job nerd! what's your target goal?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
It’s been 9 months since I started losing weight. Today I am at 225 pounds. That’s 75 pounds lost. I’m in the final stretch. I hope to be at my target weight by February. I had more than a month where I stayed at the same weight. I buckled down and stopped slacking (dang Schwans with your awesome ice cream cones!). I’m on track now.

The triumphant shotokan pose.
Good for you.

I cut down but didn't give up completely on some things and it's done me good. That and good amount of training. Never been overweight but was definetly on the brink for a few years.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Congrats man. Make it a lifestyle change!

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
good job nerd! what's your target goal?

Thanks everyone! I'm not positive of the target weight. Initially it was to lose 100 pounds which would put me at 200. However, I just want to be healthy looking so I am not dead set on the 200 pound goal. I'm not looking to lose muscle mass so the plan is to just see how these last few pounds look as they come off and figure out what looks good. I'm down to a size 34 pants from a 46 so I am getting close. I don't really care to drop much more in pant sizes. I'm pretty happy with size 34. That's what I was back in college 15 years ago.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Congrats man. Make it a lifestyle change!

That's the plan. I'm at the point where what I am doing isn't a huge struggle. The first 2-3 months wasn't very fun getting used to the changes in my eating habits. Now it's become the new normal. Very happy about that.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
wow, unrecognisable, dude. for many, losing wait is more unlikely then winning the lottery. well done.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
congrats duder!
has the sex increased with the weight loss?

just shave your head now, you'd look like Rob from Judas Priest!

Last edited:

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
congrats duder!
has the sex increased with the weight loss?

just shave your head now, you'd look like Rob from Judas Priest!

I’ve always been good on the sex front (my wife has always kept me happy), but I do get more compliments.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Looking great, mate. Food is a scam.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Great job; looking good!

I used to weigh about 225-235 lbs., when I was younger, but, I started exercising more, and eating less, and have maintained 155-165 lbs. for years now. As long as I'm in the normal range for my BMI, which I am, I'm satisfied.

Ive lost a massive amount of weight, being stuck at the same weight for a month or more is completely normal, you just have to work through it, keep doing what you are doing and it will go down, I know how frustrating it can be not to see results when you are working out and eating fuck all. Keep in mind you are gaining muscle and we all know that weighs more than fat. Congrats man.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Wow congratulations! That is a massive effort. I’ve actually started a Keto diet, going for 10 days now and I’ve lost 3 Kg already. It’s basically a no sugar, low carb (20g a day) diet high in protein and fat. The amount of tasty thing I can eat is really surprising considering how many foods contain sugar and carbs. I’m really just looking to lose the beer gut, get to a healthy BMI and then start exercising more due to the increased energy and focus that I’m already feeling from changing my diet. Something had to give, what we eat controls us, changes our moods, the way we think, it’s quite amazing.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Wow congratulations! That is a massive effort. I’ve actually started a Keto diet, going for 10 days now and I’ve lost 3 Kg already. It’s basically a no sugar, low carb (20g a day) diet high in protein and fat. The amount of tasty thing I can eat is really surprising considering how many foods contain sugar and carbs. I’m really just looking to lose the beer gut, get to a healthy BMI and then start exercising more due to the increased energy and focus that I’m already feeling from changing my diet. Something had to give, what we eat controls us, changes our moods, the way we think, it’s quite amazing.
Keto is great. Been on it since March and lost 70 lbs so far. Remember tho, the diet doesn't work unless you tell everyone about it all the time :D

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
what are you goto meals on keto. what are the best keto snacks?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
what are you goto meals on keto. what are the best keto snacks?

This was my lunch just now. High fat and protein sorted for the day. You’re encouraged to eat things like the chicken skin, so go nuts, eat all the pork cracking you want (OK, that’s an exaggeration, moderation is key)

2ym6lp5.jpg

Last edited:

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
My usual breakfast is egg's, ground beef, salsa and cheese. Easy to make and hits all the macro's

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Getting closer to the one year mark. Still workin...