Potential upcoming 200-in-1 MVS cartridge (NOW WITH MORE HACKS AND BOOTS!)

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
In a bout of NeoGeo collector annoyance I managed to track down the company in china that actually manufactures the 161-in-1 cartridges and tried to explain to them that all anyone actually wants is a 148 in 1 cart that ONLY contains the original games and no hacks. They immediately failed to realize this an told me don't worry as they are going to release a 200-in-1 cartridge! :annoyed:

This was just a response to a simple customer service inquiry so take it with a complete grain of salt, but I thought it was possibly worth trying to at least steer them in a better direction than their current multi-cart. I can only imagine the dumpster fire worth of hacks and bootlegs that would be on a 200-in-1, but I did try to make it clear to them that it would be in their best interest to include all 148 original games.

I plan to continue to keep annoying them back and fourth and see what happens. I'll update here if I hear anything of note.

This post is really going to bother Filthyrear, I bet he is at least 4th to reply complaining about this.

Last edited:

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
Thanks for the update, just curious when the 161 cart came out, is it somewhat recent?

abathur

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I wonder if they even understand what you're talking about. Boot, hack, what? More is better! Hurr durr.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Hurr durr.

I sort of imagined this is exactly how they handled it. I'm pretty sure with China's long running history of banning official videogame consoles and there being a huge market of crappy bootleg emulator systems that nobody has any concept of what is original. I pretty much assume that the philosophy of these places are "more=better" so 200-in-1 is always better than 161-in-1, and "Extreme Super King of Fighters 2009 +++++++++BONUS!" is clearly a better game than King of Fighters 98 and they literally have no idea how dumb this seems to everyone else.

I at least tried to point out how many games are missing from the 161-in-1 cartridge, but who knows. Eventually they will run out of hacks and boots and will have to put more original games on there to take up space.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
In a bout of NeoGeo collector annoyance I managed to track down the company in china that actually manufactures the 161-in-1 cartridges and tried to explain to them that all anyone actually wants is a 148 in 1 cart that ONLY contains the original games and no hacks. They immediately failed to realize this an told me don't worry as they are going to release a 200-in-1 cartridge! :annoyed:

This was just a response to a simple customer service inquiry so take it with a complete grain of salt, but I thought it was possibly worth trying to at least steer them in a better direction than their current multi-cart. I can only imagine the dumpster fire worth of hacks and bootlegs that would be on a 200-in-1, but I did try to make it clear to them that it would be in their best interest to include all 148 original games.

I plan to continue to keep annoying them back and fourth and see what happens. I'll update here if I hear anything of note.

Lmao

What the fuck makes you think they'll listen to you?

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Wait till those tariffs hit the cart prices, will be cheaper to get a NeoSD

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Lmao

What the fuck makes you think they'll listen to you?

Nothing, I was bored, I wanted to see what their response would be. Now I am letting people here know that the company that makes 161-in-1's say they are making a 200-in-1, which is information that might interest people, include those of us who use multi-game carts or those of us who make a Bios chip that greatly improves their functionality.

Also, there's always a possibility that they literally have no idea how many games they are missing or that anyone wants them. I assume someone at the company downloaded a zip of "AWESOME NEOGEO WAREZ!!!" in circa 2004 and they have simply been throwing those on their carts in various combinations every since. Maybe realizing there are actually even MORE games they could crap on there might promp someone there to think that maybe, they should download a new packs of roms.

I assumed nothing would come of contacting them at all, the response that they are working on a new cartridge was really much more than I expected out of them.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Honestly I would buy a NeoSD, the multicarts have issues with them and from what I've heard, they are finicky across mobos. The upfront cost of a NeoSD literally pays for itself if you just bought SSVS or a TSS cart nowadays.

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
Nothing, I was bored, I wanted to see what their response would be. Now I am letting people here know that the company that makes 161-in-1's say they are making a 200-in-1, which is information that might interest people, include those of us who use multi-game carts or those of us who make a Bios chip that greatly improves their functionality.

Also, there's always a possibility that they literally have no idea how many games they are missing or that anyone wants them. I assume someone at the company downloaded a zip of "AWESOME NEOGEO WAREZ!!!" in circa 2004 and they have simply been throwing those on their carts in various combinations every since. Maybe realizing there are actually even MORE games they could crap on there might promp someone there to think that maybe, they should download a new packs of roms.

I assumed nothing would come of contacting them at all, the response that they are working on a new cartridge was really much more than I expected out of them.

"It would be in your best interest to include all 148 original games."

You're an idiot.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I know you are just relaying the information, but I don't see them doing that honestly. If they do one with everything no one will ever buy another. Cycling the games offered gives them more of a chance to sell multiple multcarts to each customer.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Honestly I would buy a NeoSD, the multicarts have issues with them and from what I've heard, they are finicky across mobos. The upfront cost of a NeoSD literally pays for itself if you just bought SSVS or a TSS cart nowadays.

I already own a 161 from years ago and I also own every MVS cart I really want as an original. If I bought a NeoSD I'd be paying a ton to play a few oddball games. They seem super cool and if I was starting out from scratch right now It would be worth the price, but I already have the higher priced MVS games I want. If I ever got sick of the space they take up I could sell a few and replace them with a NeoSD though, so I'm not totally ruling one out in the future.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
I know you are just relaying the information, but I don't see them doing that honestly. If they do one with everything no one will ever buy another. Cycling the games offered gives them more of a chance to sell multiple multcarts to each customer.
Yeah I'm not sure why they feel like 200 will be worth it, I can't imagine there is much of a market out there that will buy a 200 when they already own a 161. New buyers will probably go for the 200 over the 161 (and by new buyers, I mean non NeoGeo collectors who just want something to stick in their aging arcade machine at their business) but honestly it's not like there are a lot of people out there still running NeoGeo machines who are going to buy these. If they actually did a 148 with all originals....you know, and it worked properly, collectors might buy it, but I'm surprised they are actually still working on something new, this seems like kind of a dead end business at this point.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
You know that you can multiquote, right?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go e-mail AliExpress and ask them to put more jewels in the movements of their fake Rolexes.

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
Congrats on being a member here for 11 years, you're making everyone proud to be here with you. :loco: Keep up the great work.

Congrats on being a member here for 9 years and not having enough interest in this place to know that this has covered more than enough times in the past, you're making everyone proud to be here with you. :loco: Keep up the great work.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Why did you have "collectors annoyance" if you already have all of the carts you want? Upset cause you can't afford yourself more conversation starters?

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Why did you have "collectors annoyance" if you already have all of the carts you want? Upset cause you can't afford yourself more conversation starters?

No, just always been a bit bummed about the completely wacky selection of games on the multi-carts. The hacks make sense, they probably share rom data with the legit games on there so you essentially get 4 KOF 98's for the memory footprint of 1 plus a few bytes. Luckily for the purists NeoSD and PickNMix has stepped up the game a bit in making multi-carts better for those who want them.

Not sure I understand the conversation starter thing, can you explain?

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
No, just always been a bit bummed about the completely wacky selection of games on the multi-carts. The hacks make sense, they probably share rom data with the legit games on there so you essentially get 4 KOF 98's for the memory footprint of 1 plus a few bytes. Luckily for the purists NeoSD and PickNMix has stepped up the game a bit in making multi-carts better for those who want them.

I already own a 161 from years ago and I also own every MVS cart I really want as an original. If I bought a NeoSD I'd be paying a ton to play a few oddball games. They seem super cool and if I was starting out from scratch right now It would be worth the price, but I already have the higher priced MVS games I want. If I ever got sick of the space they take up I could sell a few and replace them with a NeoSD though, so I'm not totally ruling one out in the future.

So, are you annoyed that you have all the games your want, or are you annoyed that your investment is losing value because of a flash cart?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

Not sure I understand the conversation starter thing, can you explain?

If you used the site a little more, you might understand the joke.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
So, are you annoyed that you have all the games your want, or are you annoyed that your investment is losing value because of a flash cart?

Just bummed that they are consistently missing the mark on making a decent product....although I don't think they are actually concerned about that as they are upping it to 200. lol. It never seemed like flash carts or better emulator based systems ever lowered the price on original carts. When I originally bought my MVS carts emulation was already WAY easier anyways and I feel like MVS prices have only gone up since then. Plus, I don't own anything very expensive anyways. Has the price gone down recently on some of the extra rare MVS carts? I haven't been on here in years since I originally built my CMVS system and bought a few carts from users.

If you used the site a little more, you might understand the joke.
Haha, yeah I'm here to check in every couple years so I miss out on most of the drama.

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
Haha, yeah I'm here to check in every couple years so I miss out on most of the drama.

Then why did you make it a point to go after how long I've been here?

If you're just "checking in", then you can go ahead and "fuck right off" for another couple of years.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Then why did you make it a point to go after how long I've been here?

If you're just "checking in", then you can go ahead and "fuck right off" for another couple of years.

Well you were being a shining example of a great and welcoming community, which was oddly opposite of my previous experience when I first joined and found everyone to be pretty awesome and helpful. It's like I personally offended you by posting something you weren't interested in.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
LOL multicarts. Sell that shit, get a neosd.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I came... I saw... I moved on...

xROTx

PS. Thanks for the reported post... it's an epidemic recently...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
What is the deal with this reporting posts bs. This isn't a welcoming community, and with almost 300 posts one would think you would have learned that by now. Also, nobody cares if some shit Chinese company adds another handful of games to a shitty bootleg cart.

Last edited: