Fallout : New Vegas PC

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So I beat Old World Blues yesterday. Man, that shit was awesome, I'm for sure going to go back and finish all the missions that I can in there. So I guess outside of that, my play with New Vegas is done, I'm not doing Dead Money, but man, OWB had some cool items that I got out of it. The healing halo was kinda neat.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
So I beat Old World Blues yesterday. Man, that shit was awesome, I'm for sure going to go back and finish all the missions that I can in there. So I guess outside of that, my play with New Vegas is done, I'm not doing Dead Money, but man, OWB had some cool items that I got out of it. The healing halo was kinda neat.

That and the stealth suit was freaking sweet.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
There's been a whole lot going on with this game.

A mod/DLC came out at the beginning of the year called "The Frontier" guess they've been making it for seven years.
Some kind of drama ensued around it... something about one of the devs being a pedo or something and they pulled it and re-did all his work.
I was going to try it when it got pulled and then forgot about it until recently.

So far installing it was a PITA, took about 4 hours yesterday and I had already downloaded everything and skimmed through the install guide a couple weeks ago. I'm sure if you're modding the game already and are familiar with everything and how it all works it would take a fraction of that long.

So far it looks good/fun and seems quality but I'm having performance issues and the game itself seems hella hard so far.
I am playing on a 10 year old PC and doing it in 3D and many of the drivers are ancient to keep the 3D aspect working, maybe I can update some of it.
NV was running pretty well on ultra but now I've turned everything to low and it still doesn't seem to make any difference.

Also the Mod is really a new game, you basically have to start all over. It will let you start out at level 11-20 though and reassign skill sets etc.
EDIT: NM I was able to get it to load with my previous save, just keep waiting until the people pop up to trigger the mission.
I haven't been able to get it to work with a previous game save yet.
Also you need to have the game of the year edition (meaning all the updates dlc expansion packs.
My version was purchased piece meal I bought at release and all the DLC as they came out and was able to get it to work.

Last edited: