What was the first import game you bought?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Inspired by a recent GohanX post, what was your first import game?

Mine was a Neo Geo World Heroes JPN homecart. I think I bought it from 16-Bit on eBay :)

On a related note, my first ever eBay purchase was a boxed Virtual Boy bundle.

And my very first online purchase were actually 2 Lynx games from Best Ca (I think that was their name). Checkered Flag and Dracula. I paid cash on delivery. I still remember the mail man being pissed and was like god I have done one of these in forever, hahaha.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Mine was a copy of Motoroader MC for the PC Engine CD. Still have it today. It's been a fun party game over the years - especially the hidden Battle Mode.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Not counting HK silver PSX bootlegs, Red Alarm on the Virtual Boy.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Euro Shenmue 2 for DC. I didn't have to order online though since EB Games had copies available in-store.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Mine was Dragonball GT final bout for PSone. I also got the attachment at the same time to play it. It was totally by chance. My mom took my brother and I to a fair grounds/convention center just to look around, and there was a booth selling games, and we begged my mom to get it.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Did I ever tell y'all it was X-Men vs. Street Fighter for Sega Saturn?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Same here. Such a great and impressive game for the Saturn. After this popped my cherry I was all about those Saturn imports.

Yep. After that was Assault Suit Leynos 2, Groove on Fight, and on and on...

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
220px-Akumajo_Special-Boku_Dracula-kun%21%28cover%29.jpg

Got this to go with an NEX Messiah bootleg Famicom.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The gently used JP MD I bought in 1990 came bundled with Same! Same! Same! :)

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
A cart only Live a Live for SFC from the local game store. I think I played a half hour or so before I got stuck from the language barrier.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
F-Zero X was my first import purchase. I didn't wanna wait for it to be released in the US. Believe that was a feebay purchase as I recall. Still got it too, 19 years and 51 weeks later...

-SD-

Camel Slug
Super Mario World, F-Zero and a Super Famicom to go with them, an Xmas present from my Dad. I’m sure it came from a Console Concepts advert in the back of Mean Machines. First import game I brought with my own money was, I think, a Japanese copy of Gremlins 2 for the Gameboy from our local Telegames.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Living in Panama everything was import so that would be a famicom w a bunch of games. Got mario, Tyson, zippy race, b wings, couple ninja games and couple others.

As an adult it was fire pro 6man scramble for Saturn.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
That game was great, it was one of the first games I got when I finally got a Famicom.

I was just thinking about it on the 4th of July actually because there's a boss in the game that is a quiz show. And I can't read Japanese, but one of the questions showed the Statue of Liberty and the answers you could choose were IIRC, the 2nd of July, the 3rd of July, and the 4th of July. So I obviously picked the 4th of July. The game said my answer was wrong :lolz:

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Street Fighter Zero 2 for PSX from Buy Rite.
Can it be? A customer of BR that actually got their shit? :keke:

I'm not sure I can remember my exact first purchase, but it would have probably been Fatal Fury Special from NeoBomberMan (Castle of Collectibles). Predating that or roughly the same time I did get gifted SMB3 and Dragon Spirit for the Famicom!

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Street Fighter Zero 2 for the Saturn. Got it from GameCave right when the game came out. That was when I realized that the Saturn's library is so much more impressive when you import the good stuff from the land of the rising sun.