MV-1FZ Cart slot daughterboard connectors. Anyone know what the black ones are?

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
SOLVED! They are 3M Pak50 sockets http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/...kt-050strt-ra-w-ret-clips-flng-opt-ts2047.pdf I will be ordering some at some point to see if they do indeed fit, but as far as I can tell they are the same size and shape. Fingers crossed. I'll update here later when I get to test them. They do come in versions that clamp onto ribbon cables, so possibly cables can be made to save on soldering.

These may be the same for other models of the parallel mounted cartridge motherboards, but on the MV-1fz the smaller daughterboard with the cart socket attaches to the motherboard with 3 big connectors. 2 black 100pin connectors on either side, and 1 white 48pin connector in the middle. The middle connector is a "Fuyconn 48 Pin DIN 41612 Vertical B Type Female Eurocard connector" which isn't very easy to find, but probably possible.

The two black plugs on the other-hand I can't figure out. They look a bit like SCSI, but with more pins, and every possibility I have found that looks similar always has the trapezoidal shape to the plug like D-sub, SCSI, parallel port plugs. The ones on the NeoGeo board are essentially rectangular with a very small notch/key on 2 corners.

I ask because I have a working 1fz motherboard that was my original NeoGeo consolization project, but I quickly abandoned it when I realized how much better the 1C is. I want to do something finished and cool with the 1Fz and right now, the coolest thing I can think of doing is making it take vertical cartridges like the 1c and multislot boards.

I know I could solder all 496 leads by hand, but that sucks and I thought it might be possible to find, or make cables to connect the two boards to allow the cart slot to be moved into another position.

Yes, making cables will also require crimping or soldering all 496 wires, but I feel a lot better doing that, than not mucking up all 496 tiny traces on the motherboard.

Anyone ever figured these out?

Last edited: