Early SNK NeoGeo Japanese Flyer

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
In a recent trip to Japan I picked up this early NeoGeo flyer which i've never seen before. From 1990 it includes SNKs ambition for the NeoGeo to have a network/modem facility. As far as I know this hasn't be published online previously.

KUU2pI5.jpg

aWvxQFn.jpg

7NdsI1p.jpg

1AXpMgP.jpg

LISnhrP.png

ILRALn8.jpg

Mb4ZHwC.png

heh8xcd.jpg

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Those Candies (MV25UP, MV25TA) were prototype units for this flier or were they actually produced? The one on the left looks really weird, almost as if the monitor angle is adjustable... :emb:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Those Candies (MV25UP, MV25TA) were prototype units for this flier or were they actually produced? The one on the left looks really weird, almost as if the monitor angle is adjustable... :emb:

I'm not sure but I'd kill for one of them.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
This rocks! Thank you for sharing this frazer! Aside from SNK's intention to release a "modem cartridge" to utilize for banking, trading, and even home shopping, the cited ability to secure the data on the memory card by use of passcode functionality sounds really interesting too. I wonder if it would have been possible to use the memory cards interchangeably for games and banking (via encrypted storage partition just for the financial data), or would a memory card need to be formatted and dedicated solely for modem use? We'll never know, but I find the "Neo Geo Network" angle pretty ambitious on SNK's part considering it's primary use would not have revolved around game or game feature distribution (Sega Channel approach). It also illustrates just how different their target consumer base really was over there. Whereas kids and teenagers proliferated our arcades here in the states, expanding functionality on the console to appeal to the salary men utilizing the home console in japan sounds like a solid tactic on paper at least. Great stuff!

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Its great to see all of these old flyers... especially thinking about the possibilities that could have been with the Neo Geo Network.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Thanks for posting this, but what happens with these scanned documents, do you have to search through the forum to find them again, later on?