Neo Geo Two Slot Stand Up - Inside your Marquee

fluxrez

n00b
I have seen two upright 2-slot Neo Geo Machines. Both have the the custom looking CFL setup. I am curious what the original Marquee looked like. I may need to recreate the mounting board.

Attached is a picture of the inside of mine. Is yours different?

I found 4 slot images, but nothing from the 2 slot machine.

Thank you!

marquee.jpg

russmyers

n00b
That is almost exactly what my MVS-2 looked like when I bought it.

Personally I cannot stand the florescent hum so I switched it out for an LED light bar.

RussMyers

fluxrez

n00b
That is almost exactly what my MVS-2 looked like when I bought it.

Personally I cannot stand the florescent hum so I switched it out for an LED light bar.

RussMyers

Oh wow. I had not thought of that. That sounds way better. Do you know which one you used? I might do this as well.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Why don't you two just swap out the CRT for an LCD and hook up some gamepads to it instead of the joystick? Can't stand the hum! don't you have the sound going?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'd cut them a little slack. Home use is different than an arcade. If he has a NeoSD, he'll hear guite a bit of humming without sound.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You can really use any LED strip to be honest, I would leave the lamp in there if you ever decided to sell it, cause I wouldn't buy one that has been hacked up.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
@fluxrez mine looks just like yours. I had to turn off the light to be sure the chassis wasn't humming after a recap. An LED would be a good replacement.