Dead CPS A-boards - E-Waste or what?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Any point in keeping mine? I feel weird chucking it in the e-waste bin. Is there any chance that someone is going to come up with a fix for these some day?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Time will tell on a workaround or improved solution but once those customs take a shit it's over. I know these things were never designed to last until now but it's such a fickle ass board I rarely even fire mine up for fear of it dying upon 5v hitting it's veins. A shame really, as there are so many good games.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I understand the allure of a multiboard, but tbh they aren't going to do any good if the required A board shits the bed. Someone needs to make an fpga solution, that's really the only answer besides emulation at this point.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I've had 3 mobos shit the bed in the past year. I'm holding onto them in the hopes they can be fixed but I'm now on the search for more working boards as a backup to my one that works currently.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Definitely hold onto them, mostly because they could be used for parts or to repair other A boards.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Agree that other board components can be donated to save other A boards. I'm also holding out hope that someone works out a reproduction for the failed custom, or an FPGA solution.