The OFFICIAL... GOOD NEWS Story thread....

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Heart warming indeed. Yes, it is nice to get a nice story like this instead of the typical hate you see in the news on a daily basis.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Upon quick glance, I thought the old-timer stole the chopper. That would have been badass but still a cool story.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Upon quick glance, I thought the old-timer stole the chopper. That would have been badass but still a cool story.

I like the original story better tbh.

Rot is right, we need more stories like this these days

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK... I am getting tired of stories about Trump, Death and Destruction... etc etc...

I think it's time for a Thread that has at least some good news stories...

I KNOW the World is a weird and complicated place... but every so often, there's a story that brightens your otherwise shitty day...

Let's get this thing going:

Businessman's on-the-spot job offer to homeless man.

xROTx

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
This is a personal story. Last week, I was on my way home from a hospital appointment, making my way to the bus stop, when a young man stopped me in the middle of the street and asked if he could give me a ride somewhere. Dude was US Army, serving in Afghanistan, who was on medical leave (he fucked up his right arm jumping out of a plane when his parachute straps got caught on the aircraft's door) and he went completely out of his way (he was originally just heading to Walmart, which was only about a quarter of a mile away from where he stopped me) to chauffer me almost 12 miles (24 miles round trip for him to get back to where he picked me up), right to my front door, just because he could. I was touched that he'd do that for a complete stranger; there are still good people in this world.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
This is a personal story. Last week, I was on my way home from a hospital appointment, making my way to the bus stop, when a young man stopped me in the middle of the street and asked if he could give me a ride somewhere. Dude was US Army, serving in Afghanistan, who was on medical leave (he fucked up his right arm jumping out of a plane when his parachute straps got caught on the aircraft's door) and he went completely out of his way (he was originally just heading to Walmart, which was only about a quarter of a mile away from where he stopped me) to chauffer me almost 12 miles (24 miles round trip for him to get back to where he picked me up), right to my front door, just because he could. I was touched that he'd do that for a complete stranger; there are still good people in this world.

Man...

That's great... the cynic in me is touched...

xROTx

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I’m a foster parent, trying to adopt our daughter. The whole thing has been ridiculous and you wouldn’t believe the delays and overall incompetence of the department of Children and Family Serviced, but in court on Tuesday DCFS told the judge that “there is no reason that the child’s current placement would not be the permanent placement.” Which sounds like we get to adopt her! So the 2 and a half intense years will be worth it.