Fighting EX Layer

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Has anyone downloaded this yet? I was looking forward to trying it, but the different versions are putting me off.

Personally I wouldn't want to spend £45 on a digital game and from what I hear the 'light' version, which is £29, puts you at a disadvantage because the gougi system is important.

I really don't understand games companies doing this at launch. I was ready to buy it and download it at £30, but now I have been put off and I can't be the only one.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Didn't know it was out already, the demo was pretty cool. Love the EX series.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I really want to play this game. It looks really cool.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Hopefully it's one of those games that gets a "complete" disc release down the line like Mortal Kombat XL or DOA5 Last Round.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I bought it. No arcade mode. Feels very 1st day SFV where moves feel nerfed compared to the beta. I really wanted to support the company right away but feels extremely bare bones

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I bought it. No arcade mode. Feels very 1st day SFV where moves feel nerfed compared to the beta. I really wanted to support the company right away but feels extremely bare bones

Does that mean it's online vs. only at the moment?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Pretty much. You can even get A.I. in practice mode. Very SFV ish. Also might add the people online are scarce. For the 1st weekend this is pretty rough.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Bummer! Hopefully it picks up. These characters are too cool to waste.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I missed it but SRK reported there's a survival mode hidden in training mode. Pick Kumite mode for the CPU player. Honestly I like it better then SFV's survival.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I got the standard version. It feels just like a polished EX.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
It probably depends on how sales go. Its amazing it's even out. I mean it was a joke and so many people loved it they were like well damn....Guess we're making a game folks.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Honestly if you're looking for a comparison to how a physical release might happen I'd look toward Killer Instinct. They had 3 physical copies because each season it was probably ment to be the end of the game. KI sold really well which is why that happened. I don't think EX Layer will sell nearly as well so I'm happy with what we have right now.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Arcade mode is live. Getting a little single-player content in there.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
The game is on sale on PSN 08/02 to 08/14

Light Version for $36 or $23 with PS Plus
Standard Version for $54 or $40 with PS Plus

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
There is already an arcade mode. The trailer is talking about an arcade version Taito is helping them make.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I bought this as a loyalty/support buy. Also, it's going to have Terry Bogard in it soon.

I found the game nearly unplayable with Classic controls. I haven't tried my fighting stick yet but with the regular PS4 controller, command motions seem really stingy. Anybody else experiencing this? I can play with the shortcuts, but I've been playing fighters so long I don't know if I can scale it back.

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug
I saw a video of this being played at EVO. It looks like it's getting some face time with the fighting scene crowd. I'm sure that will garner more interest/support.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I saw a video of this being played at EVO. It looks like it's getting some face time with the fighting scene crowd. I'm sure that will garner more interest/support.

<Ron Howard voice> It won't.

The FEXL side tournament was a free promotional tournament with a cash prize. It's not being played at any of the places that hold weekly tournaments, it's not in the lineups of any of the upcoming major tournaments (Fall Classic, Canada Cup, ECT... it does have another free promo tournament at Summer Jam next weekend but... yeah) and there's nobody talking about it. The discord is anemic and the subreddit has less than 800 people on it.

I'd be the first to admit that I'm biased. I think the Arika games are garbage and what little I played of this game's demo didn't change my mind at all. That said, I'm glad this game came out and am happy for the people who like it. I'm just happy that we're getting tons of fighting games again in general.

But yeah, this game was dead on arrival as a tournament game.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
DOA in America I have to agree, but kinda curious about other countries. Whenever I check out the twitch streams for it I usually see Jappanese or Korean players on it.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I bought this as a loyalty/support buy. Also, it's going to have Terry Bogard in it soon.

I found the game nearly unplayable with Classic controls. I haven't tried my fighting stick yet but with the regular PS4 controller, command motions seem really stingy. Anybody else experiencing this? I can play with the shortcuts, but I've been playing fighters so long I don't know if I can scale it back.
I didn't have any noticeable issues in classic with inputs on a ps4 controller. I am loving the game as it works well with my spaz ass style of game play.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk