Anthony Kennedy retires next month.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The irony is that judge judy would shit on the Donald's agenda

when Drumpf came out saying he wants a judge who would vote against Roe v. Wade, it was obvious that he hates America, freedom, and peace. That dumb Epstein Air flying pedophile just wants to see America burned, probably because most Americans voted against his golf pants shitting ass.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
That's probably about the best we could hope for with Trump in the White House.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
You may be right. Now they're swinging hard to Kavanaugh.

20180709_171631.jpg

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Kethledge looks the most like a pedophile, so I'd put my money on him.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
It's Kavanaugh. Interesting Tweet from Jim Acosta:

DhtN3K4VQAAXABE.jpg

We'll see how his confirmation goes, but I'm assuming that he'll get rubber-stamped by the GOP.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I think people are making too much of that particular point. He made those arguments at the start of Obama's first term, on the grounds that civil suits and criminal charges could overwhelm the administration and Congress would provide sufficient oversight via the threat of impeachment.

But yeah, Rand Paul is now tweeting about meeting him "with an open mind," despite Kavanaugh's really bad published opinions on govt. surveillance.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
I think people are making too much of that particular point. He made those arguments at the start of Obama's first term, on the grounds that civil suits and criminal charges could overwhelm the administration and Congress would provide sufficient oversight via the threat of impeachment.

But yeah, Rand Paul is now tweeting about meeting him "with an open mind," despite Kavanaugh's really bad published opinions on govt. surveillance.

I don't think the issue is that he said it, it's that the Trump administration took note of it.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I get you. Yeah, that probably was what made the difference for him.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if Gorsuch and Kavanaugh recused in any case regarding indictment of this particular POTUS.

I mean, what's he going to do to them? They have 40 years on the court ahead of them that they need to think about. He'll be dead in 10.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Anything you could point me towards specifically on this?

Justin Amash . https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1016496865192370178?s=17
(@justinamash) Tweeted:
Kavanaugh is not another Gorsuch—not even close. Disappointing pick, particularly with respect to his #4thAmendment record. Future decisions on the constitutionality of government surveillance of Americans will be huge. We can’t afford a rubber stamp for the executive branch.

I realize it's easier for a house freedom caucus member who is already on Trump's shit list anyway to point this out, but it looks an awful lot like the junior senator from Kentucky is going to have a sudden attack of pragmatism now that he's in a position to actually do something about it.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Maybe this isn't a dumpster fire thread.

I don't like Kavanaugh, but Jeb! would have appointed the guy too.

If Jeb! or one of the others in the republican field would have won, at least.

Complaints regarding the SCOTUS balance/makeup probably do still need to be primarily directed to Mitch McConnell.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I am not crazy about everyone from my high school getting nominated for the Supremes except for me.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Maybe this isn't a dumpster fire thread.

I don't like Kavanaugh, but Jeb! would have appointed the guy too.

If Jeb! or one of the others in the republican field would have won, at least.

Complaints regarding the SCOTUS balance/makeup probably do still need to be primarily directed to Mitch McConnell.

I'm waiting for more info before I buy it, but it's starting to sound like Kennedy's retirement was orchestrated. If so, I would say that he may not have even retired during the term of a less corrupt Republican president.

Edit: This debacle kind of reminds me of the pope who "retired" from his lifetime appointment. That guy had been the center of conspiracy theories for decades.

Last edited:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
so the confirmation will totally be held until after the midterms right???
Didn't the Republicans discourage Obama from nominating someone, because the Congress and presidential elections were just around the corner?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm waiting for more info before I buy it, but it's starting to sound like Kennedy's retirement was orchestrated. If so, I would say that he may not have even retired during the term of a less corrupt Republican president.

Edit: This debacle kind of reminds me of the pope who "retired" from his lifetime appointment. That guy had been the center of conspiracy theories for decades.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/anthony-kennedy-resignation-trump/

I mean, it's a lot to take in, but you already have people calling those who are looking into Trump's relationship with Anthony Kennedy's son as "truthers." Such a hurtful insult to lash on someone... the words smell like Steve Bannon's burps.