Racing rig!

Tech&Music

Another Striker
I think this'll be straight up your alley:

Nintendo_Labo_-_Toy_Con_Variety_Kit_03_Motorbike.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Gotta love how Nintendo has marketed cardboard instead of actually developing proper peripherals. Ahh the Japanese...

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I went with the Omega Racer Art Cockpit w/ RS9 seat. I'll give an update once it arrives.

GT Omega ART Cockpit RS9 with Thrustmaster T500 RS TH8A Shifter 2-700x700.jpg

-SD-

Camel Slug
That looks quite tidy. So are you sticking a screen on there or going for a VR rig?

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
So i finally got a gaming pc and upgraded my racing gear w/ Fanatec.

Here is my current setup but im thinking putting 2 monitors instead of 1 on top of the 49" super ultrawide.

fan1.jpg
fan2.jpg
fan3.jpg

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
That looks like a good setup. It was fun to see professional race car drivers set ups during iracing, from Denny Hamlin's 30k set up with a roll cage, to Timmy Hill using a couple hundred dollar wheel mounted to a computer desk. Both guys won races. I think it really boils down to what works for you.

What games are you playing?

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I wanna try this with the new Monster Truck simulator coming out

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Is that a fire extinguisher ? Lol
Yes, i was hoping to get a reaction from one of you clowns for that.

That looks like a good setup. It was fun to see professional race car drivers set ups during iracing, from Denny Hamlin's 30k set up with a roll cage, to Timmy Hill using a couple hundred dollar wheel mounted to a computer desk. Both guys won races. I think it really boils down to what works for you.

What games are you playing?

My goto is f1 series, so i just got f1 2020, it came w/ the wheel. Also have Project Cars 2 & Forza 4. Some rally games also. Im hopin there are some true arcade racers but no luck finding any so far.

I wanna try this with the new Monster Truck simulator coming out

Ive never played those but looks fun.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member

Monster truck championship is gonna be the first decent monster truck game in 22 years, and it’s the first ever simulator.

I think it would be cool if it supported other monitors towards the floor, for when you’re hitting jumps and crushing cars from first person POV.

Modern monsters have polycarbonate floor board so they can see the ground since they’re so high up.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yes, i was hoping to get a reaction from one of you clowns for that.

My goto is f1 series, so i just got f1 2020, it came w/ the wheel. Also have Project Cars 2 & Forza 4. Some rally games also. Im hopin there are some true arcade racers but no luck finding any so far.

Can your kids play for free or do they have to pay? The tubes blow your own farts right back at your face, right?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
That is pretty cool, though I didn’t even notice the tubes at first, lol.

Pretty sure the 360 version of Daytona is available/backwards compatible on the xbone if you’re looking for some arcade racing games. There was a Sega Rally game on 360 that may be as well...?

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
i have the two tubes hooked up to two usb fans. Currently they are just there for looks & a way too cool me down. You can get extreme like wind sim, that controls the speed depending how fast and your turns.

Can you play Darius on that rig?

Yeah, only the PC, not console. Console dont' support the ultrawide.

That is pretty cool, though I didn’t even notice the tubes at first, lol.

Pretty sure the 360 version of Daytona is available/backwards compatible on the xbone if you’re looking for some arcade racing games. There was a Sega Rally game on 360 that may be as well...?

Yeah i already have a Daytona 2 racing cab. Its the best arcade racer and then Outrun is next. Im looking for modern arcade racers. Something like this Wreckfest, looks awesome. Nascar Heat so far seem meh, looks like daytona but i haven't figured out how to power to slide. i dont think this is an arcade racer.

There are a lot of cool games like Horizon Chase Turbo dont support the wheel.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
i have the two tubes hooked up to two usb fans. Currently they are just there for looks & a way too cool me down. You can get extreme like wind sim, that controls the speed depending how fast and your turns.

Yeah, only the PC, not console. Console dont' support the ultrawide.

Yeah i already have a Daytona 2 racing cab. Its the best arcade racer and then Outrun is next. Im looking for modern arcade racers. Something like this Wreckfest, looks awesome. Nascar Heat so far seem meh, looks like daytona but i haven't figured out how to power to slide. i dont think this is an arcade racer.

There are a lot of cool games like Horizon Chase Turbo dont support the wheel.

Daytona 2 looks ok but wtf were they thinking with the advanced track design? Racing through an amusement park? Too tacky/corny! The other tracks seem cool though.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
So what games are you going to play with that setup? I only ever play Daytona USA, outrun 2006, and f zero and even then it's too seldom to justify this. Looks awesome though, don't let the haters hate.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
none of these use VR. amateur hour.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Are there a lot of modern arcade racers? Most everything seems more sim focused.

I haven’t played Forza Horizon 4 yet but 3 was good...its definitely more arcadey than the regular Forza games but not really arcadey in the Daytona sense.

Never heard of Wreckfest but I just checked it out some videos and looks cool. I guess Burnout Paradise also got a rerelease.

For me the racing game i’m most excited for is Hotshot Racing. That’s what I think of when I think of arcade racing. Should hopefully be coming out soon.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Are there a lot of modern arcade racers? Most everything seems more sim focused.

I haven’t played Forza Horizon 4 yet but 3 was good...its definitely more arcadey than the regular Forza games but not really arcadey in the Daytona sense.

Never heard of Wreckfest but I just checked it out some videos and looks cool. I guess Burnout Paradise also got a rerelease.

For me the racing game i’m most excited for is Hotshot Racing. That’s what I think of when I think of arcade racing. Should hopefully be coming out soon.

There are plenty of arcade racers, but they all blend together. They also don't really work with Sim setups.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Yeah, I don’t really think most people using these setups play arcade racers. Not saying you can’t and I’m sure they are fun using the rig- there just is not many choices out there.