Racing rig!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I want to get myself a racing setup soon, can you guys recommend one. I have a logitech g27 w/ gear shifter. i want something that's compatible with that with a nice built in seat.

I was looking at couple so far.

GT Omega R9
omega.jpg

GTR Simulator

gtr sim.jpg

Next Level Racing GTUltimate V2
gtultimate.jpg

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
If you're going to spend that kind of money get yourself down to your local trackday and get some real memories. Not this recall bullshit.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I just clamp my wheel to my desk and toss the pedals underneath. What's with the fucking seatbelts in the last pic? That's pretty lame. Honestly, just buy a beater car that's fun to drive. Driving a simple old 2-seater sports car with a manual gearbox on a windy country road is only about 10x more fun than driving an F1 car in a video game, and if you have to buy a souped-up gaming PC and a "racing rig", then they're about the same price.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I just clamp my wheel to my desk and toss the pedals underneath. What's with the fucking seatbelts in the last pic? That's pretty lame. Honestly, just buy a beater car that's fun to drive. Driving a simple old 2-seater sports car with a manual gearbox on a windy country road is only about 10x more fun than driving an F1 car in a video game, and if you have to buy a souped-up gaming PC and a "racing rig", then they're about the same price.

this this this this this

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Lol I just want to play racing games at home. Stop being stupid guys, you know video games to have fun.

The last pic w the seatbelts I'm guessing because you have the option to add motion for that particular seat setup.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
That looks pretty sweet minus the side mirrors. How much did that set you back?

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
So what gpu do you have running that? And are those 144hz monitors or what?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Wow, that one has side view mirrors AND a seatbelt. Do they sell one that has a passenger seat, so that my wife can sit next to me and tell me to slow down because she's getting carsick? It's all about that immersion, bro.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
how about a vibrator on the seat that goes up my ass, and a whore to give me road head?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Having a ridiculous racing rig would be sweet, but no way would I ever spend the money or space on such a thing.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Those setups are crazy. Powerwheels for a manchild.

With that money you could buy every homeless kid in IL a nice birthday present...or every mom in Chicago a dildo.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Thanks faggits, i think you scared off the only guy who was willing to help me out.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Yup, get a track day (edit - as SteveNK said) or a cheap V6 instead.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
i already have a nice car, i just want to play racers at home.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Ahhh, I chuckled in this thread.

Why not just use your projector and a steering wheel?

I think karou had a method to keep the pedals from slipping on the floor.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
i want a racing setup in the garage. Not sure if i want to go big screen, triple screen, or just VR. I just want one that's comfortable & sturdy. I have a wheel stand already but wanted something more immersive...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Wow, that one has side view mirrors AND a seatbelt. Do they sell one that has a passenger seat, so that my wife can sit next to me and tell me to slow down because she's getting carsick? It's all about that immersion, bro.

I'd assume the only thing he sees in those mirrors are disappointed parents wondering when he'll move out.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I can't stand racing wheels as they're nothing like driving a real fucking car, I learn't the hard way when I bought a G27 and sold it a few weeks later after trying my best to get used to it. Pure frustration that only weirdo's put the time in required to master them and don't even get me started on those fuckin chair setups.