Some portraits of women

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
All done with ink, colored/graphite pencil, and permanent marker.

21cec42cf668048c975fac82194b257f.jpg

d8cdf314b0bd8ba616abd4cea46bc171.jpg

e4a210bf2d5a24c6af480fc3e9d67b61.jpg

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Please do a portrait of me :) I really like the 2nd and 3rd.

@M

20 Year Member
I could. You've got plenty of photos posted here at NG.com that I could use as still-life reference images.

These three drawings are my attempts to capture the appearance of a young woman I used to go to school with, but hadn't thought of in about 20 years, until I recently had a dream about her, in which she helped me, which got me thinking about her again, but, sadly, I can't even remember her name anymore. I posted the third drawing on Facebook, in a local group that I belong to, asking if anyone knew who she might be, and, while one woman there thought that she did, and gave me a name, I contacted the woman she suggested, and, unfortunately, she said it wasn't her. I also spent several hours looking through old high school yearbooks, in three different local cities too, but, while I found pictures of a few girls that looked something like her, nothing definitive. The first drawing above didn't come out right at all though and looks nothing like her.

@M

20 Year Member
I don't know if you'll like it or not, but here you go, I drew it last night before I went to bed:

sylvie_portrait.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
Thanks, everyone!

molly_drawing.jpg

I fucked up the hand holding the dog's head on this one something terrible!

Meet Molly Rae Hakkarinen. Molly was one of my childhood classmates, but she's been dead for almost a quarter of a century now. About half-past-midnight, early on Friday, August 19th, 1994, she was out walking with another young woman when the pair decided to try crossing US Highway 41. Molly never made it to the other side. Donald Ranta, a 59-year-old man, hit her with his car, near the National Ski Hall of Fame in Ishpeming, claiming that he didn't see her because she was wearing dark clothing. Molly was badly injured by the impact, in critical condition, and, despite everyone's best efforts to save her life, she died two days later at the hospital on August 21st. Molly had only been fifteen for a little over a month. Today is also her birthday; she would have been thirty-nine this year.

If you have children, never feel foolish for warning them to watch out for traffic, no matter how old they get--tragedy is never more than a single step away.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
beautiful but crushing. thanks for sharing. :) and thanks for paying homage to the dead. good soul in you.

also yeah good job on drawing a big deformed penis about to violate that dog's face! :keke:

@M

20 Year Member
Yeah, that cawk finger is going to inseminate that puppy's eyeball. I don't know what went wrong there; it looked line fine when it was pencil, but when I inked it, that hand went completely to hell.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i didn't know you were being comissioned by gelbooru. :keke:

Attachments

• gelbooru.png
    gelbooru.png
    205.2 KB · Views: 194

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Those first three... Linda Blair?

@M

20 Year Member
You're the first one to suggest Linda Blair, but I've also gotten Linda Ronstadt and Geena Davis with black hair from others. It'd be cool if she had gone on to become some kind of celebrity, but, she was only a normal girl that I briefly went to school with in the mid-90s and whose identity I just can't remember anymore. I had completely forgotten about her existence altogether until I had a dream about her.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
So nice M!
To me the hardest part to draw on faces are lips... most "undo" when going digital comes when reaching that part... grrrr

@M

20 Year Member
Three more ATCs (Artist Trading Cards):

ATC_July_2018_trio2.jpg

Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars sneakers and a pair of Jack Russell Terriers, both for a a fellow Michigander.

ATC_chucks_front.jpg

ATC_dogs_front.jpg

And She-Ra (He-Man's sister Adora) for a woman in Massachusetts. It wasn't intentional, but she kind of came out with the proportions of a Little Person, which is sorta neat.

ATC_she-ra_front.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
rock_hand3.jpg

This is a painting I did on a rock, of a woman smelling a flower, that I hid somewhere in my hometown yesterday afternoon, for other people to find, as part of a contest I'm participating in at an online art community I belong to. I also wrote a quote, from the late Carrie Fisher, on it, that reads, "I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art." The piece was done completely with acrylic paint and ink.

Ren-chan

Semi-offtopic

Will you do the "Inktober" this year, M? :-) would be nice seeing your daily art over here.

@M

20 Year Member
Nah, I'm way too lazy and unmotivated to dedicate myself to daily art output for an entire month. Thanks for asking though. Are you going to participate in Inktober?

Ren-chan

Awwww :(
Oh yeah, I will try, 2 years in a row and something happened making me stop and let it go unfinished... last year I had an injury on my wrist. Hope this year nothing happens lol.
I will be posting my drawings here bumping my Inktober 2017 thread prolly.

@M

20 Year Member
All righty, I look forward to seeing what you produce! If you can actually do all 31 days, my hat's off to you, that's a lot of work, even if you only devoted like half an hour to it each day.

@M

20 Year Member
This is a portrait of a soon-to-be-seven-year-old girl that I drew (ink & pencil) on the inside cover of the birthday card that I mailed to her last week (she loves owls, which is why there's one on her head):

CRD_autumn_art.jpg