Old Man from Pawn Stars is gone

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Richard Harrison, the "Old Man" from Pawn Stars died at 77. He was a grouchy old cuss, but he was awesome and the best thing about that show in my opinion.

old man.jpg

9:09 AM PT -- Sources close to Harrison tell us he passed after losing his battle with Parkinson's Disease.

Richard Harrison -- famously known as "Old Man" on "Pawn Stars" -- has died, according to his son, Rick Harrison.

''The Old Man' Harrison passed away this morning surrounded by those he loved," Rick said Monday morning ... "He will be tremendously missed by our family, the team at Gold & Silver Pawn and his many fans the world over."

"He was my hero and I was fortunate to get a very cool ‘Old Man’ as my dad."

The circumstances surrounding his death are unclear. However, Harrison's appearances on the show over the last couple years were slim to none.

'Old Man' moved to Vegas back in the early '80s and opened the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop with his son, Rick.

When the producers found the family and turned their daily lives into a show, it became an instant success. It's been on the air since July 2009 with 'Old Man' as one of the fan favorites.

A rep for History Channel tells TMZ, "We are deeply saddened by the loss of our friend Richard ‘The Old Man’ Harrison, a beloved member of the HISTORY and ‘Pawn Stars’ family. He will be greatly missed for his wisdom and candor."

Harrison is a Navy veteran and often talked about his military career on the show.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Bummer. Yeah, he was old school but in a good way. He never came across like an asshole like the rest of his family.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I had an ex that interacted with him once at a local hospital, and he was as nice as can be. Seems like he was much less of a grouch off camera and an overall good guy.

Always sad to see a long time Vegas icon pass.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Wow. never knew he even had Parkinson

fake

15 Year Member
PS: I'm kinda shocked that he was "only" 77. He looked like he could've been 77 when the show first started. Figured he'd be well into his 80s.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
You know, before I take your word that he's dead, I got a buddy who's a coroner. I'd like to give him a call and have him come take a look at the body.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
You know... when I read the thread title... I thought to myself "I'm gonna move this to the War room"...

Then realised it was a legit thread...

I never watched this show... but sympathys to his family...

xROTx

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
He was the only good thing about that show.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
You know... when I read the thread title... I thought to myself "I'm gonna move this to the War room"...

Then realised it was a legit thread...

I never watched this show... but sympathys to his family...

xROTx

Lol

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
that sucks, seemed like a good dude. I didnt notice him in many of the later seasons. Too much Chumleigh these days

I always like Pawn Stars as passive tv i could watch in the background while i did other things.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
PS: I'm kinda shocked that he was "only" 77. He looked like he could've been 77 when the show first started. Figured he'd be well into his 80s.

yeah me too. the meds probably did that, maybe other health factors, heart attacks and/or strokes.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
for a moment i thought it was les from hardcore pawn. never watched this show, but may he rest in peace.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Show got boring pretty quick, but he was one of the best parts of it. may he R.I.P.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
that sucks, seemed like a good dude. I didnt notice him in many of the later seasons. Too much Chumleigh these days

I always like Pawn Stars as passive tv i could watch in the background while i did other things.

I haven't seen the show in a long time. I just enjoyed the small historical facts they would flash on screen when something came up.

I thought Chum was out of the show after his legal issues and drug stuff.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Awww man that show has been keeping me company on work trips for years, guess ill have to watch american pickers instead.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
RIP. Just watched an episode the other day. Itsofrustratin is right, great show to have on in the background while doing stuff around the house.

for a moment i thought it was les from hardcore pawn. never watched this show, but may he rest in peace.

If you've never seen Pawn Stars before, and liked watching Hardcore Pawn, you should check out Pawn Stars some time. IMO much better show than the other one. They get cooler stuff and much more rare items, and it doesn't have that annoying brother and sister bitching at each other the entire time.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
If you've never seen Pawn Stars before, and liked watching Hardcore Pawn, you should check out Pawn Stars some time. IMO much better show than the other one. They get cooler stuff and much more rare items, and it doesn't have that annoying brother and sister bitching at each other the entire time.

to be honest i only watched hardcore pawn only for les. that guy is soo entertaining. never really cared much for the items and all the other characters.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I haven't seen the show in a long time. I just enjoyed the small historical facts they would flash on screen when something came up.

I thought Chum was out of the show after his legal issues and drug stuff.

I figured he would be gone too but apparently not. He got off very light from what i remember, considering what he was charged with. He's still featured on it just as much. The show seemed like it was on its last legs even before this

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Parkinsons? Do only some people shake with it? I don't ever remember him doing a Marty McFly.