Metal Slug X questions...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So someone on a FB group posted this and I'm genuinely curious how much truth is in this?

There are tons of secrets in X. The Camel Riders Club, our Metal Slug team, grinded on it for about 10 years. I am sworn to secrecy on the details but there is a million plus point single jump. It doesn't matter how good you are if you can't pull it off. ...score just won't be high enough; X also has the two universes. The one with the briefcase guy and the one without. The single coin system is also cryptic. You can change universes by adding a single coin. The game is very well thought out and has a strong narrative. It will take some time before someone gets to the bottom of it.

I'm just curious as I've never heard of two different gameplays based on credit input nor I have I ever heard of the 1 million point jump. Any truth in any of this?

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Umm, I just shoot shit when I play albeit poorly.

Gemant

Member,
I've never heard about 1,000,000 jump or multiple universes. Nobody in the world has ever heard of it.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Link? did they post a final score including the jump?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I've never heard about 1,000,000 jump or multiple universes. Nobody in the world has ever heard of it.

Nor have I, I most certainly have my doubts but I will at least give them a chance to explain without giving away any closely guarded secrets.

Link? did they post a final score including the jump?

I have asked for a picture of the score for proof without having them show me the actual jump. We will see how legitimate this claim is.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Thanks, is this a public FB group? are these people reachable? Googling "Camel Riders Club" returns zero.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Thanks, is this a public FB group? are these people reachable? Googling "Camel Riders Club" returns zero.

The post was on the NGFL group, I tried to do some research as well, I did find an interesting video of a metal band that the user I believe is in, and they did have machines in the video and one of them was playing Metal Slug 3. Other than that I have found nothing myself either. I think asking for the score picture is more than fair as showing that wouldn't give away any closely guarded secrets that may be within the group, so we will see. I am leaning with Gemant more though and think this is possibly one of those old "arcade stories" that kids used to tell each other back in the day, ;)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm going to post some of the replies the user is giving to maybe help demistify the things that are being claimed.

We never submitted anything to the new twin galaxies because doing so would spoil a decade of discovery.

So for the guy who already knows all the secrets explain to me how the chicken loop works.

Or maybe you know the point of the two timelines and why crossing the line gets you sent to the bad place?

There is more to be found in X for sure. Especially in the imagery. There is some Kubrick level effort in there.

You guys know about the dogs? As long as you stay on top of them or to the left you can keep generating more bouses as long as you only use the knife.

You know how the exponential coin system works right? So you just need to get a shitload of coins in 1 jump and no it isn't the train.

None of it is bugs. Those guys put lots of love into them.

There are things you can look for to see if you are in the good world. If you get an apple at the end of level 1 that is always the bad board.

There are some minor changes that happen in both like the briefcase guy. If you murder the sunbather on level 3 and take the coin it will move you to the bad board for the next level.

The chickens and dogs are just time consuming. We usually skipped all that. You cam spend an hour on them.

The user is saying they will have a live event soon to show these things, but I question the validity of these claims.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Fucking hell, just get out of that group. Nothing but tards.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I'm officially interested.

0hQyd5L.gif

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I think he said that posting the score would not be meaningful, unless done right after the jump.
Checkmate...?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This sounds like the 2018 version if the kid on the playground that said they're up to Super Mario 8 in Japan and he once saw the Sonya Blade nudality at the arcade.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm going to give it 24 hours and ask for a picture again, he's now saying that he may have a VHS run of MS2 that has the same jump but not the same amount of points. Not sure how me asking for a score pic made him say something about a video run, but whatever.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Not sure how me asking for a score pic made him say something about a video run, but whatever.

I'm here for the mythology: "dual universe" ..."milking chickens *and* dogs"..."time control"..."the man with the suitcase"... this is Netflix-level shit.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
The phrase on the FB thread "not if you can control time" and his comment about spending an hour milking chickens, makes me think something is fishy... like timer-disabled fishy.

Edit: but in all truth, I'd love for new stuff to be discovered... waiting for proof!

Last edited:

Gemant

Member,
This user is yet another liar. In 20 years of forum activity I've known so many liars... also here, on neo-geo.com. And often just about metal slug x. The lies told by this madman are even ridiculous.....

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
This sounds like the 2018 version if the kid on the playground that said they're up to Super Mario 8 in Japan and he once saw the Sonya Blade nudality at the arcade.

yeah, was gonna make a remark about all the Final Fantasy VII playground rumors such as Aeris revival, extra WEAPON bosses, getting Sephiroth on your team, etc.

However, I will say that in my childhood, the actual presence of this type of stuff in Pokemon gameboy games is probably contributing to my piqued interest in stuff like this every time i hear about it. I remember thinking, "no fucking way" when I was a kid and my friends were telling me the weird process to clone rare candys and ultimately encounter the glitch Pokemon "MISSINGNO" which would open up a pandora's box of sorts of weird, often times scary and seemingly cryptic glitches. So when that actually turned out to exist, my brain was fucked.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
You may have heard this 1000 times, but i have an uncle working for Squaresoft USA And i have information on how to get a secret character. Zack. Remember the man Cloud mixed his identity with? Zack. Who's Cloud's best friend? Zack. Who
saved Cloud from Nibelheim and brought him to Midgar? Zack. Well, here's how to get him. 1st, in Midgar, you must answer EVERY question CORREXTLY! It must be done in a certain way. Now, before starting the Kalm flashback, if you answered correctly, you will hear Aeris say Cloud reminds her of a man she once dated. After the flashback, Cloud, Tifa, and Aeris stay in the Inn, and Tifa mentions something about a man she found half-dead outside of Midgar. Now continue the game as usual. At the Temple of the Ancients, you'll find Zack killed by Sephiroth, and he'll enter the lifestream. Now get up to the 3rd CD. Go to the Gongaga reactor, and bring a Super Sweeper and a Mutsurame Blade ( both Gold Saucer Shooting Coaster prizes ) and use the Sweeper on the reactor. It will explode, and then use the Blade. You colapse and find yourself hearing Aeris's voice, then you wake up, and find yourself next to Zack. You talk for a while,
and he leaves. You meet up with him again the North Crater. Then he is able to join your party, and starts at level77. Can't say much more about it, except, he's a great character to have!!!

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
It's been ages since I've put in solid time on MSX but if I remember correctly there are two "hidden" coin pick-ups on the Egypt and train levels... don't recall the giving off mega points tho.

Don't know about the two universe things.

There's certainly no denying there's a massive inclusion of stuff not present in MS2.

My personal fave trick is timing the destruction of the plane at the end of level 1 so it fires a missile that then blows up the enemy commander. :D

Gemant

Member,
the idea that an unknown team of expert players work hard for 10 years in secret, to discover extra point, bug, multiple universes, time machine etc. is stupid and offensive. Almost all neo geo games are very popular games, mostly Metal Slug series. In the world, mostly in japan, tons of players have tested all for years and years. Already 15 days after released the game in game center about the 85% of the total secrets was discovers and publish.

Multiple unverses.... what nosense

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
the idea that an unknown team of expert players work hard for 10 years in secret, to discover extra point, bug, multiple universes, time machine etc. is stupid and offensive. Almost all neo geo games are very popular games, mostly Metal Slug series. In the world, mostly in japan, tons of players have tested all for years and years. Already 15 days after released the game in game center about the 85% of the total secrets was discovers and publish.

Multiple unverses.... what nosense

You are a gem, Gemant.

And yes of course the guy is lying. I don't even understand the purpose of why they would want to keep what they're doing as a secret. And what they're doing is really nothing, because they're lying.