Steam Summer Sale 2018!!!

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
It's that time of year again for the Steam Summer Sale. What are you guys buying or planning on buying?

I just bought:
Ikaruga
Galaga
Raiden IV: OverKill
DoDonPachi Resurrection

That's it so far, but I'll definitely get more.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Noice. Gonna probably get the remake of Ys III, Mushi (for the 1.5 mode or whatever that wasn't on the 360 disc), and Bioshock Infinite (I never played Bioshock 2 since it seemed like an unnecessary sequel, but Infinite looks different enough).

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Had some stuff in my wish list for awhile.
I plan on picking up Pyre, and a bunch of random games.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Got a few things:

- Rez Infinite (now I just need a Vive and a spare room to put it in)
- Koihime Enbu (middling anime fighting game but it's only $5)
- Gorogoa
- Tekken 7 Deluxe (mostly for Geese)
- Dead Cells

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
My computer can't run steam.

Spoiler:
I'm a console gamer

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Always get crimzon clover if you don't already own it.

Legend of Grimrock 1 & 2 are also amazing if you're into dungeon crawling.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm planning to get:

- The Red Strings Club
- Aegis Defenders

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Had some stuff in my wish list for awhile.
I plan on picking up Pyre, and a bunch of random games.

I'm thinking about grabbing Pyre as well, let me know what you think.

Got a few things:

- Rez Infinite (now I just need a Vive and a spare room to put it in)
- Tekken 7 Deluxe (mostly for Geese)
- Dead Cells

I bought Tekken 7 Deluxe as well, plays pretty good and Tekken Bowling is a nice bonus. Thinking about getting Dead Cells and Rez Infinite as well.

Always get crimzon clover if you don't already own it.

I already have Crimzon Clover. I just built a new PC recently and my new monitor can easily be rotated 90 degrees. That game looks pretty badass that way, Ikaruga and Dodonpachi look even better! I might have to pick up a few more shooters before the end of the sale.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I bought the Apogee Throwback Pack. Haven't found anything else that interests me yet.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I'm thinking about grabbing Pyre as well, let me know what you think.

I bought Tekken 7 Deluxe as well, plays pretty good and Tekken Bowling is a nice bonus. Thinking about getting Dead Cells and Rez Infinite as well.

I already have Crimzon Clover. I just built a new PC recently and my new monitor can easily be rotated 90 degrees. That game looks pretty badass that way, Ikaruga and Dodonpachi look even better! I might have to pick up a few more shooters before the end of the sale.

Im starting to get into Tekken a bit, does the deluxe include Tekken bowling?

I ordered the Steam Link, it was only $10shipped. Is any good?

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I am going to buy the EDF 4.1 expansions. EDF 4.1 main game is on sale too. I put in 80+ hours since I bought it about a month ago.

100proof

10 Year Member
Im starting to get into Tekken a bit, does the deluxe include Tekken bowling?

I ordered the Steam Link, it was only $10shipped. Is any good?

- Tekken Deluxe includes all DLC including bowling and extra characters (GEEEEEEEESE!!!)

- Steam Link is great for anything that isn't overly twitchy (fighting games aren't a great idea). Otherwise, as long as you're hard-wired, it's pretty sweet. The wife just finished up playing the Tomb Raider reboot on it.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
- Tekken Deluxe includes all DLC including bowling and extra characters (GEEEEEEEESE!!!)

- Steam Link is great for anything that isn't overly twitchy (fighting games aren't a great idea). Otherwise, as long as you're hard-wired, it's pretty sweet. The wife just finished up playing the Tomb Raider reboot on it.

Alright cool thanks, i guess ill just get the deluxe then...Steam Link be ok w/ Tekken Bowling? What about VR stuff?

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I've found the Steam Link to work pretty well with the games I play lately. Nothing too graphically taxing. Stuff like 2D platformers, shmups, indie arcade type games, and visual novels. It runs like snail poop over WiFi though, but it's run without issue for me with a power line adapter. At that price it's a no brainer.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I haven’t bought anything in the last couple of sales. I’m just playing Dead by Daylight and getting a lot of enjoyment out of it as I’m actually pretty good at both killer and survivor.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Ended up biting on DDP Resurrection finally, XIIZEAL/DELTAZEAL bundle and Tekken 7 (mostly for bowling :keke:)

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I also picked up a Steam Link for $10 shipped. Too bad the controllers aren't going for that price as well!

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Yeah i bought the bundle steam controller w/ link along w/ Tekken 7 bundle. Time to learn Tekken!

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I also picked up a Steam Link for $10 shipped. Too bad the controllers aren't going for that price as well!

I got a couple Links too. For that price I couldn't just look the other way. I also picked up a couple controllers. Hopefully they're not as bad as people make them out to be.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Picked up the Ys III remake, Defcon (it's modeled after the stuff in War Games), and Mushihime-sama for $19.

100proof

10 Year Member
I got a couple Links too. For that price I couldn't just look the other way. I also picked up a couple controllers. Hopefully they're not as bad as people make them out to be.

Steam controller has some use cases but for games that you would traditionally get on consoles, those controllers are MUCH better suited.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Underwhelmed. Not really buying any games because I have so many in my library I haven't even played yet. Pretty much just got cheap DLC for games I already have.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Steam controller has some use cases but for games that you would traditionally get on consoles, those controllers are MUCH better suited.

I've been using it for a week now and I gotta say I like it. Whoever designed this thing is a genius.

The Steam Links are working fine, too. They work great via ether and wireless.