Out from the abyss...

Zenjay

n00b
Greetings. Been a lurker here for years, made an account a couple years ago, and now finally posting as I plan on making a return to NG after having and selling arcade, AES and MVS systems and games and leaving the hobby several years ago (really wish I wouldn't have sold that Metal Slug 3 AES cart in '02).

I'm a collector and retro gaming enthusiast. After years of playing NG games primarily through emulation on various gaming consoles, I can't let go of the urge to once again obtain the original games and play them in their purist form. I still have the same enthusiasm for Neo Geo as I had in the 90's drooling at the system and games at gaming stores, knowing the harsh reality of never being able to obtain them.

Times have changed, but ironically, some of the AES carts still are ridiculously out of reach with prices reaching into the thousands for some.

I'm looking at getting on the list for a JNX CMVS when James re-opens orders next month, and also on the hunt for a stock AES system with no mods in collector grade condition. Basically, the AES to satisfy my collecting and nostalgia itch that I can plug into my bedroom CRT next to the NES/SNES/GEN and then have the CMVS with Frameister for pure NG gaming on the big screen.

Thanks for reading and see you all on the boards.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Greetings. Been a lurker here for years

Gross. The order in which you put these words is fucking gross.

made an account a couple years ago, and now finally posting as I plan on making a return to NG after having and selling arcade, AES and MVS systems and games and leaving the hobby several years ago (really wish I wouldn't have sold that Metal Slug 3 AES cart in '02).

BOOOOORRIING

I'm a collector and retro gaming enthusiast.

UUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

After years of playing NG games primarily through emulation on various gaming consoles, I can't let go of the urge to once again obtain the original games and play them in their purist form. I still have the same enthusiasm for Neo Geo as I had in the 90's drooling at the system and games at gaming stores, knowing the harsh reality of never being able to obtain them.

Times have changed, but ironically, some of the AES carts still are ridiculously out of reach with prices reaching into the thousands for some.

SHOCKED!

I
'm looking at getting on the list for a JNX CMVS when James re-opens orders next month, and also on the hunt for a stock AES system with no mods in collector grade condition.

Why in the fuck would you try to buy a CMVS, yet while at the same time trying to buy an AES, which is the SAME FUCKING THING?

Basically, the AES to satisfy my collecting and nostalgia itch that I can plug into my bedroom CRT next to the NES/SNES/GEN and then have the CMVS with Frameister for pure NG gaming on the big screen.

You're going to die alone because no woman in their right fucking mind would want to go home to that, or you.

Thanks for reading and see you all on the boards.

I hope to see you swinging from the rafters.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You've met the welcoming committee! Now enjoy the site... :tickled:

Zenjay

n00b
I'm looking at the NeoSD if I get a CMVS. Sounds like a much better alternative to the 161-in-1.

Edit. Just read through the NeoSD Pro thread. Wowwwww...
Looks like it's time to start saving. Shit's about to get real.

Last edited:

Zenjay

n00b
So I'm thinking I should invest in a Frameister. Last I looked they were going for around $400 on eBay and Amazon. Is that pretty close to the normal going rate these days or would it be wise to be patient and look for a better deal?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
buy the neo geo mini when it comes out. all your prayers have been answered and you can feverishly repay me with oral sex at a later date, goodbye faggot

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
So I'm thinking I should invest in a Frameister. Last I looked they were going for around $400 on eBay and Amazon. Is that pretty close to the normal going rate these days or would it be wise to be patient and look for a better deal?

Why not an OSSC ? They're around 200$ I think.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The OSSC doesn't have all the input options that the FM has, but it has other features that the FM does not. It's really an either/or type of situation. Speaking of, I need to sell my FM as I never use it and now it sits in the box.

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
The OSSC doesn't have all the input options that the FM has, but it has other features that the FM does not. It's really an either/or type of situation. Speaking of, I need to sell my FM as I never use it and now it sits in the box.

True, I forgot to mention that. But from what I read a lot of people put their FM for sale after getting an OSSC. I personally own an OSSC and am *very* satisfied, but never tried the FM.

Zenjay

n00b
Ok, I think OSSC is the one for me. No input lag and cheaper price. Thanks for the heads up fellas.

Last edited:

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Ossc has been amazing, the only issue is there can be come compatibility issues with some TVs just do your research to make sure your TV is compatible.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Gross. The order in which you put these words is fucking gross.

BOOOOORRIING

UUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

SHOCKED!

I

Why in the fuck would you try to buy a CMVS, yet while at the same time trying to buy an AES, which is the SAME FUCKING THING?

You're going to die alone because no woman in their right fucking mind would want to go home to that, or you.

I hope to see you swinging from the rafters.
This man has done nothing and people already are being a dick to him

Of perhaps this is sarcasm.. saying AES and MVS are the same points me in that direction...

Last edited:

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
I think computer monitors are a lot more forgiving on refresh rates for the OSSC, so better chances of working. There's only one TV on 3 that works for me, the cheaper one.

Zenjay

n00b
I think computer monitors are a lot more forgiving on refresh rates for the OSSC, so better chances of working. There's only one TV on 3 that works for me, the cheaper one.

That's too bad there's compatibility issues. I think I'll stick with my CRT until it dies, then look for an upscaler. Maybe something better will be around then.

Last edited:

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
The problem is more on the side of the TV. Some are pretty stiff for the range accepted. The MVS is not 60Hz like the others, it's 59.18Hz, don't forget.

If you plan to use it with a computer monitor you shouldn't have a problem. Play with it is like night and day for me, it's really a must !

Zenjay

n00b
The problem is more on the side of the TV. Some are pretty stiff for the range accepted. The MVS is not 60Hz like the others, it's 59.18Hz, don't forget.

If you plan to use it with a computer monitor you shouldn't have a problem. Play with it is like night and day for me, it's really a must !

So the compatibility issue is really more about the Neo's native output not being accepted by some TVs than the OSSC itself?