Gaming is now officially classified as a mental health condition.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm prolly suspect to the condition I'm sure, gaming is really my only hobby. I don't need to do it 24/7 and I'm able to work, do chores, spend time with the family, etc. without freaking out about not playing. But I certainly enjoy playing games alot.

I guess I also work on music, but that's more of just me messing around having fun.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Panda is what they call a functional alcoholic.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
It's no different than a gambling addiction, IMO. Gambling addicts gamble for the "high". Gamers who are obsessed with gaming do it for that same high.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Gaming for hours and hours on end, doing nothing else than gaming, thinking about gaming and well everything you talk about is gaming? yeah you've got a problem.

Replace "gaming" with any other thing, and its the same.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, it's more of a function of an addictive personality. "Gaming" just happens to be what these people are addicted to. It could easily be cars, booze, even exercise.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Replace "gaming" with any other thing, and its the same.

Not really. Gaming offers a reward system that’s easy to appreciate for most people. While perhaps old people don’t like gaming as much, even they would acknowledge that games give the players a sense of achievement. That sense is, in a way, a high, or reward. That said, I don’t see people addicted to eating vegetables, cleaning sewage, or farting, which feels great but smell bad in direct relation, unless you can implement a reward system.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
That said, I don’t see people addicted to eating vegetables, cleaning sewage, or farting, which feels great but smell bad in direct relation, unless you can implement a reward system.
There is a reward system to farting on an escalator or moving walkway, or just as you get off an elevator as a new group of people are getting in.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There is a reward system to farting on an escalator or moving walkway, or just as you get off an elevator as a new group of people are getting in.

It’s not an addiction man. I can quit whenever I want.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Does that mean we can claim victomhood status for intersectionality?

Last edited:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I’ve seen enough videos of grown men flipping out on twitch to believe it’s a real sickness.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Attn: Staffs

Thread title should include the word "disorder". Gaming, in and of itself, is not a sign someone has gone mental.

Elevator roulette is where you fart right before the cab gets to your floor and you don't know if someone will be getting on. Fun game the whole family can enjoy!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
No worries,they'll be a pill on the market or rehab center opening soon enough to combat this disorder.
BB

Yoshi

20 Year Member
It's the WHO, the same group that brought you bacon as a carcinogen. I take them every bit as seriously as I take the UN.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
ahem!
if by video games being nutcasery, as liking other vices?
depends.
to paraphrase george carlin:
show me a jeopardy viewer craniking one out in the privacy of his own home, and i'll show some motherfucker not causing trouble. :D
Spoiler:
12 months for name change.... for being a retard. xROTx
it really says a lot about where we are when the gatekeepers assign blame to vice as opposed to a victim based crime. :( (real life tangible issues that don't do societal cohesion any favors. just no perspective...)
morality police, the ones turning taps...
[edit]
still, old as mud, it's always peddled as games/entertainment mediums are the cause.
one way to counter the narrative, is ask:
what of before electronic tech?

Last edited: