AES RGB picture quality

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Just curious, how significant is the difference in RGB picture quality of a high serial console vs the consoles with the best RGB output?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just curious, how significant is the difference in RGB picture quality of a high serial console vs the consoles with the best RGB output?

The best RGB ones ARE the highest serial numbers. Aim for a 3-5 and 3-6, even though 3-6 requires a very small but simple mod for clear RGB, it's well worth it.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
The best RGB ones ARE the highest serial numbers. Aim for a 3-5 and 3-6, even though 3-6 requires a very small but simple mod for clear RGB, it's well worth it.

So I guess I'm misinformed? I thought the 20000 to 40000 serials had the best RGB? I am however using a cheap RGB cable until I can upgrade to a proper cable, maybe this is adding to the problem. BTW I own one of your unit's James, and I think I've been a bit spoiled by the RGB picture that it produces. There's definitely a difference between the two.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I've got a 3-6 and did the mod Xian Xi is talking about and it looks great, don't fall for the collector hype. Dudes on FB are drooling over the stupidest shit and are misinformed.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Thanks y'all, so I have a 3-6 revision. If I do the Mod the console will only output RGB correct?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Thanks y'all, so I have a 3-6 revision. If I do the Mod the console will only output RGB correct?

You only need to cut the 3 traces. It just clears up the picture by removing the vertical lines. It doesn’t change any outputs, you will still have RGB and composite.