The King of Fighters All Star (mobile)

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
They must think very little of their fan base. Very insulted.

According to polls for most requested samsho characters, their fanbase is mostly comprised of absters, saners, tasukes, and elixirs...so I think even less of them these days.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
So anyway, Igniz had his life turned around by John Cena and NESTS is now a philanthropic organization.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Speaking of "up to no good," I get the feeling netmarble isn't going to rest until every male character gets turned into a little girl.

https://twitter.com/KOF_ALLSTAR/status/1270526091984134147?s=20

If you're wondering, so far there have been adult female versions of Yashiro and Billy Kane and child versions of Chang, Original Zero, Clone Zero, and Kim.

We're getting frog-boiled here. Somewhere in South Korea there's a room of dudes workshopping underaged Mai.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
On the plus side, they're "refunding" up to 20k in rubies, and pulls from those rubies have much higher red and purple pulls than regular rubies.

Hop on it while you can, because they expire early next month.

Managed to get four FES pulls and some great cards out of it.

Additionally, for a limited time you can get Orochi (who is top tier), and also Mukai, Goenitz, or Omega Rugal for free, along with missions to level them to 90.

No doubt they'll adjust the system to still force people to do P2W in order to properly progress, as per all slutty freemium mobile games.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
On the plus side, they're "refunding" up to 20k in rubies, and pulls from those rubies have much higher red and purple pulls than regular rubies.

Hop on it while you can, because they expire early next month.

Managed to get four FES pulls and some great cards out of it.

Additionally, for a limited time you can get Orochi (who is top tier), and also Mukai, Goenitz, or Omega Rugal for free, along with missions to level them to 90.

No doubt they'll adjust the system to still force people to do P2W in order to properly progress, as per all slutty freemium mobile games.

The awakening system is already that, right? As far as I can tell, even if you're crafting memories, you still need at least one RNG-pulled memory of the character to advance characters between levels of awakening. This is aside from the character-bound imprint stones.

The only potential positive I see to the awakening system is that it might make silver and bronze characters viable for competitive play, with enough grinding, since everyone who does enough pulls will have a surplus of memories for them.

Fygee

20 Year Member
The awakening system is already that, right? As far as I can tell, even if you're crafting memories, you still need at least one RNG-pulled memory of the character to advance characters between levels of awakening. This is aside from the character-bound imprint stones.

The only potential positive I see to the awakening system is that it might make silver and bronze characters viable for competitive play, with enough grinding, since everyone who does enough pulls will have a surplus of memories for them.

Now that I've sunk my teeth into the awakening system more, that definitely seems to be the case. Welcome to the new paywall.

Combining memories from other characters only creates generic faceless ones, which you can use to upgrade levels, but not initially awaken. You'll need specific memories for those on top of it when upgrading levels as well. Unless you're a whale, your FES characters will likely only ever hit Awakening level one. Even golds will take a while.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I have Orochi Shermie and Krizalid at awakening two, but that's just dumb luck and the current generosity with free rubies. (Krizalid is definitely not the character I'd be focusing on if I had a choice.)

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I quit this game early on when I figured out that the game wasn't going to let anyone have more than 1 purple character. I rejoined recently and can confirm you can use the new rules to pick up 2+ entire teams of purples now easy. As posters above have said, though, the roadblock now is that you can't level them all the way up. Unfortunately, this impacts the majority of the game's content and non-grinding modes where partially-levelled characters are fine are few and far between.

I think gacha is fine if you don't spend any money (God help you if you do), but the better gachas give you some of the best characters and even let you max them out, hoping that the whales want all the characters or at least the high tier / sexy ones they couldn't random into. I understand that this is a niche game, but Netmarble isn't giving F2P players enough to work with either before or now.

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I’ve never played it (I don’t play mobile games of any kind)

I agree the universes kind of fit KOF vs Virtua Fighter

Virtua Fighterized Kim Kaphwan and Rugal

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I've recently downloaded this game but only spent about 30 minutes with it.
I hate the touch screen controls.
Is there an option to at least use a pad?
All my searching (limited admittedly) says no.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Eventually you'll just be hitting Auto for most of the battles anyways, so there's that.

Honestly, one of the bigger disappointments for the game (outside of the gacha money pit bullshit) is the way they prevent skill from overcoming power level. They deliberately game the system so you after have no chance of beating a timer, or make it so the enemy has zero hit stun and just wrecks you.

It was a lot of fun at first before insane power creep and gacha greed totally ruined it.