Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Yay another bullshit game! woo!

hahaha this - however, if they had released this on Atomiswave 12 years ago, maybe...because it looks like Demolishfist w/KOF characters

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
A kof side-scrolling beat em’ up like streets of rage sounds awesome...but alas, this is only on cell phones for now. I hope this gets a port to consoles or something because the idea sounds pretty fun.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm intentionally not getting excited about it as I know it's going to be another RNG microtransaction bonanza.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I hadn't heard about this at all until yesterday, a bunch of video ads for this started appearing on youtube.

No idea if there will be a version of this released to US app stores. It looks like a semi-decent side scrolling beat 'em up by mobile standards. I'd play it.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
US launch for the google play store was a couple of days ago.

It *is* a microtransaction-ridden RNG fest.

Total trash, for total trash.

My friend code is WQZ9HG

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
First I ever see of this game, and I'm quite impressed. This is how you do a modern side scroller
Hope it becomes a thing
Once more

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I am amazed how many youtube people are being paid to shill this game.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
No. It's Netmarble. They do mobile; not consoles.

SNK could get a company to port it. look at the Romancing SaGa remasters, Square Enix contracts a developer and the game is developed with mobile as its base
but also developed for PC and consoles.

after the Diablo Immortal outrage, you would think the mobile industry would get a clue that their games would profit more going multiplatform, and
PS4 is filled with games that have F2P and microtransactions model.

even if netmarble is only knowledgable in mobile development, doesnt mean another developer cant port it to PS4.
and are these games online only? thats another thing, they really are missing out on more customers with the platform and online dependent access to the game.
they ever heard of The Elder Scrolls horse armor? there are single player games with tons of microtransactions. and offline saves could be isolated while online saves are server side,
so there is no cheating online.

though ah well, KOF allstars has a dull story. the amnesiac trope is way overused and not cool.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
SNK could get a company to port it. look at the Romancing SaGa remasters, Square Enix contracts a developer and the game is developed with mobile as its base

after the Diablo Immortal outrage, you would think the mobile industry would get a clue that their games would profit more going multiplatform, and

even if netmarble is only knowledgable in mobile development, doesnt mean another developer cant port it to PS4.
and are these games online only? thats another thing, they really are missing out on more customers with the platform and online dependent access to the game.
they ever heard of The Elder Scrolls horse armor? there are single player games with tons of microtransactions. and offline saves could be isolated while online saves are server side,

though ah well, KOF allstars has a dull story. the amnesiac trope is way overused and not cool.

Why would they port it to PS4? The mobile market is the LARGEST INSTALLED USER BASE FOR ANY VIDEO GAME SYSTEM, YOU CANNOT REFUTE THIS. Or are you worried about all the racist cellphone users?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

You are overused and not cool.

Gaoh

New Challenger
i'm just surprised to see this on the US app store, this usually stays in Japan for obvious reasons! but hey playing it as we speak.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
PSA: Never, ever, spend money on gacha. It is guaranteed that the meta will make your purchases obsolete over time or else the game will fail.

That having been said, the gameplay for this makes it a great F2P timekiller on mobile. The story is a missed opportunity, though. Everything with Noah and the 3 characters in the lab sucks. The actual SNK characters seem to have well-researched lines that fit their personalities, but show up too rarely and most of the story is original content suckage.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

You'd have them port every game to the PS4 because you want to have sex with it or something.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Why would they port it to PS4? The mobile market is the LARGEST INSTALLED USER BASE FOR ANY VIDEO GAME SYSTEM, YOU CANNOT REFUTE THIS. Or are you worried about all the racist cellphone users?

even the largest install user base among consoles, hasnt stopped companies from going multiplatform for the games, big and small.

Romancing SaGa 3 remaster was developed on mobile first, but its coming to consoles too .

there's more profits in multiplatform than exclusivity overall.

if mobile market was so 'great', no one would develop videogames for any other platform anymore.
even a lot of indies are investing on PS4 and other platforms and mobile is missing out on A LOT of games that consoles are getting, even games that can run on it.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I'm becoming more and more convinced that Saner is actually Chris Chan.

Anyways, I've been playing it for a couple weeks and it's actually pretty fun and surprisingly generous for a F2P gacha style game. I'm almost to the KOF 98 campaign and not once has a paywall hit me that's required me to spend money to progress. The game feeds you free premium currency at a decent pace, and pulls aren't so greedy that you can't get a solid roster of 5 star characters with at least one for each "element" type.

Gameplay itself is simple but satisfying, much like any beat-em-up, and SNK's personality and feel definitely come through on it. It doesn't feel like a Chinese knockoff using SNK assets like some other games such as KOF 98OL.

Story goes between being interesting and a neat way to experience the old storylines from the old games to being boring with dialogue heavy sequences you just want to rush through.

That said, premium currency is advertised to you like crazy, and game does its best to tempt you into purchasing it so you can pull your favorite characters, special deals, yada yada. Also, I'm worried that endgame is going to require whale status to compete, but we'll see what happens.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Couple of comments on new fight for today:
- Ikari Power Rangers is the worst crossover I have ever seen, period.
- The Vice quest requirement to beat the easiest power ranger fight with all reds is annoying but not as hard as it looks. Whittle away 2 bars of life from the first opponent by baiting, dodging, and attacking from behind when he's performing moves, otherwise everything is autoguarded. When the CPU life meter hits 8 levels or so, Ralf and Clark will perform a tag team super. Use your own DM to interrupt it. You can then spam special moves and strikers for a good minute while tagging without the CPU fighting back. Take the opponent down another 2 meters while saving your DM, and repeat the pattern. It's possible to close out this fight without the CPU attacking at all below 80% life.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I brute forced through the red-soul Ikari fight. So annoying.

Fygee, my wife plays the netmarble Marvel Game and she says the generosity tapers off. I'm at rank 91 now so I think I could use a little less generosity. Can't stop grinding.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
The actual SNK characters seem to have well-researched lines that fit their personalities, but show up too rarely and most of the story is original content suckage.

The affinity system has introduced me to new and confusing feelings. Can someone just make a game where I feed Terry Cup Noodles, whether he's hungry or not?

Fygee

20 Year Member
The affinity system has introduced me to new and confusing feelings. Can someone just make a game where I feed Terry Cup Noodles, whether he's hungry or not?

They don't call him the Hungry Wolf for nothing.

My pulls from gacha summons are garbage now. Always 4-stars with a few 3-stars sprinkled in. I think they ninja adjusted the rates from the first week or so since launch. Good news is I still haven't felt I've needed to spend money to progress.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I've been dumping all my earned rubies into the Orochi Iori/Leona drawing, and I finally got Leona a couple of days ago. Yesterday I fought a league team with Orochi Leona, Orochi Iori, and Omega Rugal. I'd love to know how much that guy spent to put that together.