Fun with decals

russmyers

n00b
I have been having fun fixing up my MVS-2 and I wanted to share what I did with some Neo Geo decals I got from an eBay seller. Very good quality decals.

Attachments

• IMG_6855.JPG
    IMG_6855.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_6854.JPG
    IMG_6854.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_6866.JPG
    IMG_6866.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_6892.JPG
    IMG_6892.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 110

russmyers

n00b
The NeoSD looks like great tech, but a lot of $$$.

I have the "standard" 161in1 MVS cartridge, and also a Pandora's Box 4 815in1 and a Multiwilliams 19in1 (Robotron!) with a JNX Big Red adapter (excellent product).

I like variety, and I did nothing to really alter the Neo Geo-ness of the machine.

RussM

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Those yellow carts have issues with games. Honestly, getting a NeoSD nowadays is the price of like 2-3 carts. It's a worthwhile investment and you get the entire library with zero fuss. I can't even imagine someone trying to collect neo anything nowadays. Prices are lol.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I did nothing to really alter the Neo Geo-ness of the machine.

RussM
except that hole you pretend to be confused about you put in the back for ''variety''. My fav stickers are the yellow and blue drama logos that might be from cd?/not right for reds tho.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
No, seriously folks I am pretty sure duder wants a piece of a brokedown power supply or something to finish this beauty.

russmyers

n00b
except that hole you pretend to be confused about you put in the back for ''variety''. My fav stickers are the yellow and blue drama logos that might be from cd?/not right for reds tho.

What the heck are you talking about?
I didn't put any kind of "hole" in the cabinet. Any holes in the cab are exactly how it was when I bought it.
Are you high?

RussM

russmyers

n00b
No, seriously folks I am pretty sure duder wants a piece of a brokedown power supply or something to finish this beauty.

So now I'm "duder". If this is how you treat people, why don't you just go away?

RussM

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I think he's more referring to the post where you asked what the psu covering the hole would look like, he means to say that you just want to buy a PSU to fill the hole so it looks original, I could snap a pic but to be honest I hate moving that cab. I do recommend fabricating something out of wood to cover it from the inside though. Unless you did have intentions of buying an OG PSU to put in there.

russmyers

n00b
I think he's more referring to the post where you asked what the psu covering the hole would look like, he means to say that you just want to buy a PSU to fill the hole so it looks original, I could snap a pic but to be honest I hate moving that cab. I do recommend fabricating something out of wood to cover it from the inside though. Unless you did have intentions of buying an OG PSU to put in there.

If the game originally had that type of power supply, it was long gone when I bought it. There was a switching power supply (an older one), that I replaced with a brand new Happ one, transferring the wires over to the same lugs.

The molex-style power connectors were removed at some time as well, I guess. There seem to be remarkably few pics online that I could find of how it's supposed to look wired up as it came from the factory. I could put it back that way, if I could see how it was originally set up. I'm just working with the machine as it was when I bought it.

I've owned over 50 arcade machines, but all pre-1985 until this one. I've done mostly pinball for the last 10 years or so.

I'm doing my best here, and I have no idea why Karou is so rude about it.

RM

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
This is like the 10th result on Google image search.
MAMEMVS2.jpg
While there is a bunch of crap wiring for a mame setup, you can see the original MVS power supply.

Also, ignore Karou. He is a former member (PaymentDue) who plays the part of a mentally retarded fellow. It's all just a big act

Last edited:

russmyers

n00b
OK that makes a lot more sense. Thanks! All of that is gone on my machine and the power wires are directly connected to the switching PS.

Is there a Neo Geo cabinet manual that has the pinouts for the Molex/AMP connectors so I can replace them?

The original style power supply seems readily available.

RM

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
OK that makes a lot more sense. Thanks! All of that is gone on my machine and the power wires are directly connected to the switching PS.

Is there a Neo Geo cabinet manual that has the pinouts for the Molex/AMP connectors so I can replace them?

The original style power supply seems readily available.

RM

As you should be aware from owning that many coin op games, OPs don't give a flying fuck about looks, they just want it to work and make money. It's quicker and easier to just cut the wires and install a switching PSU. To be honest, unless you have people staring at the back of your machine, just use the PSU you installed. More time playing the games and less time worrying about the back of the machine is the way to go.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Uhhm._ I am sorry I didnt realize this was in tech support I Should have been less rude when I coincidentally._.:-Jand all these accusations and tEh#strugglin'!ŠÖ:scratch:sorry my post wasnt good enough.///it was also bad on me to associate what is pro maybe your name? And think that one guy in the sixties oh yeah he must be cool? But I am Not

Last edited: