Best CMVS option?

Fell in love with Analogue’s CMVS (design-wise, at least), and when that discontinued, had my eye on Omega. I hear mad shit talk about those, though.

What do they lack? Should I just hold out for JNX’s next shipment of CMVSs? Do they have sticks with Sanwa parts?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
While a JNX CMVS is definitely quality built the best CMVS is one you build yourself.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
For me, at least, building my own became my best option. I realize this is not for everyone. So I get frustrated sometimes when I read messages from people waiting for a CMVS to be built. I wouldn't advise building one as beginner project though.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Fell in love with Analogue’s CMVS (design-wise, at least), and when that discontinued, had my eye on Omega. I hear mad shit talk about those, though.

What do they lack? Should I just hold out for JNX’s next shipment of CMVSs? Do they have sticks with Sanwa parts?

I've owned both the Omega and I currently own a JNX unit and I easily prefer the JNX unit. My Omega had some odd humming sound whenever I played in RGB too loudly. It's not a bad option and I was generally happy with the Omega but I feel like James is so good at what he does and takes his time to ensure that each unit is perfect.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
JNX if possible. Xian Xi/ James is a member here and stands behind his work. The thing most people don't realize, go find a thread with an issue with a JNX product. They are few and far between.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Thanks guys.

Like mentioned above, I highly recommend building your own system. This way you learn the ins and outs of the system. Plus if anything goes wrong with it you can most likely fix it yourself. I always love seeing everyone’s creativity when designing their own. I have tutorials on my site for building them plus anyone here can help you along the way. If you decide to build your own, just make sure you start with a known fully working board. Have fun.

abathur

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I wish the orders for JNX CMVS were open when the urge hit me. Now I got one of them Chinese thingies. If you can wait, I guess JNX is your best bet.

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
Thanks guys.

Like mentioned above, I highly recommend building your own system. This way you learn the ins and outs of the system. Plus if anything goes wrong with it you can most likely fix it yourself. I always love seeing everyone’s creativity when designing their own. I have tutorials on my site for building them plus anyone here can help you along the way. If you decide to build your own, just make sure you start with a known fully working board. Have fun.
This ! You learn so much trying to build it. You will surely change a lot of the design, make a lot of errors, trying what works and what not.

You will learn how to do solders, how to use electronic and electric components. You will then not be afraid to mod a lot of your things to get them better. Today I just modded a NES controller to use it on my supergun. Just for fun, to try to understand how it's built.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Just be patient for the JNX.
One month isnt that long of a wait. Plus I like the clean look of that CMVS.

I really admire the drive and passion everyone here has to build their own. Respect. I’m at a place where doing that might be too much of a time expenditure, especially since I need to dedicate my time to making more money first. Down the line, I’d love to build my own. It must be similar to the feeling one gets when they restore a classic car or build a pool house. For now, for my own peace of mind, I’ll invest in a JNX. I trust y’all, cuz you have the most informed opinions

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I've never used a JNX but I have zero complaints about my Omega.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
JNX and Omega are both quality, made by contributing members on this site. I think Yodd is selling his JNX CMVS on the market.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Xian Xi's tutorials have really saved me on numerous ocassions.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Xian Xi's tutorials have really saved me on numerous ocassions.

Same, quality advice.

Understanding the basics of a supergun is the same as a cmvs. It can be applied to ANY PCB. Encasing this solution and doing it well is the real challenge.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Same, quality advice.

Understanding the basics of a supergun is the same as a cmvs. It can be applied to ANY PCB. Encasing this solution and doing it well is the real challenge.

True, in fact, if you plan on building a CMVS, first think about building a supergun. Once you play one arcade PCB, you are going to want to play others. Of course, if you have room for a cab in your place, that should be your first go to.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Haven't had any issues yet with my JNX CMVS and Xian Xi is a pleasure to do business with. Getting a cab is definitely recommended, as Xian Xi said, if you have the space. I have my CMVS hooked up to a Smart TV via HDMI and use a pair of AES sticks, plays beautifully. The unibios mod is an awesome addition to the system, as well. IIRC there are PS4 to Neo adapters if you wanted to use those instead.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
You could probably consolize a 2 slot in an evening.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
I had an Omega and had nothing but problems with it (biggest of all was a wiggly picture), on all my crt's. Worse than that though was the fact that this was a known issue that was replicated on other Omega's on similar tv models (mostly later consumer Sony Trinitrons). Quan the maker of the Omega could not resolve the issue despite being able to witness it at another customer's home. Also for what it's worth the picture was very noisy.

I'd recommend JNX all the way. James makes the best CMVS I've ever seen. Picture and sound are superb with as little noise as I've ever seen and frankly even the console's design is top notch imo.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You could probably consolize a 2 slot in an evening.

For real, I tell that to people all the time. It's basically an AES with two slots. Plus I think Lions3 makes a plexiglass kit for it as well as side panels so you can mount power and video jacks.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The 2 slot with lions kit looks like hot sex. I kinda wish I still had mine but I gave it to a friend after getting my JNX.