You guys watch Archer?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Crazy this show's had nine seasons.

Anyway I just watched season 8, 'Dreamland'. It was OK, when it ended I was looking forward to getting back into the real world.

Watching season 9 now and it's...another coma dream? What the hell. Also noticing a lot of episodes are only 18-19 minutes long.

What's the best season?

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Freaking love this show. Gotta say I haven't really been feeling the last 3 seasons where there's a whole season story arc. I think Archer really does better as individual story episodes with a season theme. Season 2-6 are where the show really shines in my opinion but Season 1 is solid as well. Best Season either 3 or 4.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Crazy this show's had nine seasons.

Anyway I just watched season 8, 'Dreamland'. It was OK, when it ended I was looking forward to getting back into the real world.

Watching season 9 now and it's...another coma dream? What the hell. Also noticing a lot of episodes are only 18-19 minutes long.

What's the best season?

Any of the first several, probably the third. It was so good back then.

Dreamland was bad, stopped watching the show about halfway through that season. Tried it again this year and couldn't make it through the first episode. Adam Reed is pretty much out of good ideas, show needs to end.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Never liked it. One of those shows that tries too hard to make it seem like they aren't trying very hard.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Best season is definitely not one of the past two to three seasons, but the show still has its moments.

If you haven't yet, be sure to watch Sealab 2021 for some more classic Adam Reed.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Season 1-3 were the best. I'm gonna pissed if Archer never wakes up from the coma.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I quit soon after season 3.

Always more of a Frisky Dingo fan, and really loved Sealab :( RIP Murph.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Sealab and Frisky Dingo are better than Archer, I agree. Adam Reed is a great writer, able to make esoteric jokes seem natural. But his schtick really works best in an 11 minute format.

I remember not liking Archer when it first came on, because it felt too try-hard. Here's a thread from seven years ago where I got roasted for it: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ing-that-the-new-Archer-season-starts-tonight

And now I like it? go figure

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sealab and Frisky Dingo are better than Archer, I agree. Adam Reed is a great writer, able to make esoteric jokes seem natural. But his schtick really works best in an 11 minute format.

I remember not liking Archer when it first came on, because it felt too try-hard. Here's a thread from seven years ago where I got roasted for it: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ing-that-the-new-Archer-season-starts-tonight

And now I like it? go figure

Seems so long ago.

Life can only be understood looking backwards, but must be lived forwards.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I really liked the first couple seasons! Dreamland was better than some of the other recent ones, but I only watched it once mostly drunk.

Frisky Dingo is honestly better. Glad to see a few people, Wasabi and Lonesage, feel the same way

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I haven't watched Archee since maybe the first 3 seasons. Now I'm recommending Big Mouth.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I really liked the first couple seasons! Dreamland was better than some of the other recent ones, but I only watched it once mostly drunk.

Frisky Dingo is honestly better. Glad to see a few people, Wasabi and Lonesage, feel the same way

When I think of Frisky Dingo though it's only the first season. The second season format of talking into the camera for a documentary was a real bad idea. Just about all of season 2's jokes fell flat.