To sign or not to sign?

If you had the opportunity to have one of the developers of one of your favourite SNK games sign the AES insert of that game, would you take it?

Do the pros (game signed by the creator!) outweigh the cons (?!)?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
If you had the opportunity to have one of the developers of one of your favourite SNK games sign the AES insert of that game, would you take it?

Do the pros (game signed by the creator!) outweigh the cons (?!)?

What if a grease ball put you in a head lock and shredded the insert, then replaced it with one he created? Could the developer sign it then?

Do the pros (free rides on his Kawasaki Ninja) outweigh the cons (silk shirts and cigar burns)?

Last edited:
What if a grease ball put you in a head lock and shredded the insert, then replaced it with one he created? Could the developer sign it then?

Do the pros (free rides on his Kawasaki Ninja) outweigh the cons (silk shirts and cigar burns)?

I'll take that as a definite yes

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
just get them to sign a poster or something. leave the original inserts alone.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I wish I could be lucky enough to leave their mark on my business like this successful businessman...

R8BeN.jpg

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I never understood the appeal of autographs.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I hear Dion autographed your mom with his finger.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I threw out all of my AES games. They're all on my flashcart now.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I threw out all of my AES games. They're all on my flashcart now.

Funny you say that, I saw a bunch of AES games on the side of the road. Threw them in my car and brought them to a goodwill.

Got a cool $10

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Funny you say that, I saw a bunch of AES games on the side of the road. Threw them in my car and brought them to a goodwill.

Got a cool $10

That's almost as cool as that time I got a ton of sweet old games for $50 from some lady that said her disappointing son was in China.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I would not have someone sign a game, that seems silly. I collect autographs on cards only, having them on other things is not for me. The worst is an author's autograph in a book, of which I have 3... but they are inside and you never see them.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I never understood the appeal of autographs.

I second this. Particularly, I can't get it when the autograph itself is tainting an original piece of merchandise. I may get it as for some original piece of art signed by the artist, but...

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Nothing to see here folks...

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
How do you get it out of the VGA encapsulation for them to sign it, without reducing the value?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Who gives a fuck about whether your game has a name in practiced scribble on it? fuckin can't put much past the weirdo collectards 'round these parts.

enix2093

Crazed MVS Addict
No sign. I'm too much a purist that way.
Maybe I'd get a photocopy or replica of the cover for them to sign and slip it in there for display but not on the original.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Spoiler:
GOLD! :lol:
to erase this quote, you know who to ask. :D
as for the subject, not really sure.
won't argue with a personal signature....

Why would I want someone to erase your quote? Everything you say is nonsense, it all blends together. It's funny you stalked my market feedback and think I sell VGA graded games, further proof of how stupid you really are.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I think getting autographs is weird as shit. Especially for a grown adult. There might be some exceptions but, in general, it just seems like a weird thing.