PDU, Power Strip, UPS, Power Switch Questions.

Dragon89o

New Challenger
So I'm looking to accomplish a few things with how I power my CRTs, LED TV, Consoles, and a few other things. I plan to get UPS or two and have that plug in directly to the wall. Then I'd like to plug in a PDU but one which has individual ac power switches. That way I can cut all ideal power from my entire setup when it isn't in use.

Now I'v found a couple of options for solutions for an individual switches ac power PDU or power strip but I'm unsure which to go with. I'm not yet fluent when it comes to understanding power and looking at specs. I wanted to get some opinions on which I should go with.

Here are some options I am considering. I need to have made a decision with in 40 hours of this post. I'v listed them mostly in order to what I'd most likely go with.

1) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Technical-...023?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

+ 9 Outlets
+ Surge Protection
+ 1800 W total load
+15A Fuse rasily replaceable
+ Power cord is removable

-Blue Lights

2) https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Pyle-P...306445&hash=item2331c40f1f:g:XEsAAOSwIgNXqnmS

+ 9 Outlets
+ Surge Protection
+ Circuit Breaker

Unsure if the following two things are useful to me or not.

? Eliminates Unwanted Radio Frequency (RFI) and Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
?Built-in AC Noise Filter

- Blue Lights
- Non Removable Power Cord

3) https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-OUTLET-...521930&hash=item567cdc0711:g:8BwAAOxyjNlRyez2

+UL Listed
+5 Year Warrent
+Better Construction?
++ 10 Outlets
+Circuit Breaker
+Not Blue Lights

This one might actually move up on the list after reading reviews on amazon of the other two. Also companies don't tend to provide a warranty they think would be used. So hopefully a much longer life expectancy.

-Price
-No Removable Poweer Cord
- No Surge Protection (I will be plugging this into a UPS that will have surge protection so that shouldn't matter)

If you guys have any more suggestions on another product that might have more benefits let me know. Also if I'll be plugging in 1-2 CRTs and filling the remaining sockets will consoles do you think I'll have any issues power wise on overloading those power strips.

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
First, don't buy this kind of stuff on eBay. It's guaranteed to be fake/expired (yes, surge suppressors expire).

Second, why are you putting consoles and TVs on a UPS?

Dragon89o

New Challenger
First, don't buy this kind of stuff on eBay. It's guaranteed to be fake/expired (yes, surge suppressors expire).

Well not all of the ones I am looking at are surge protectors. I will be plugging the individual switch power strip into a UPS that also has surge protection regardless. So I'm not too concerned with it being expired which I knew is a possibility. I just recently replaced all the surge protectors in my house. Also you have the same models on ebay as you do on Amazon. Anyone can sell on Amazon just like they can on ebay and I have buyers protection. Plus it's not like their is big name brand companies making these. Also ebay is currently running 10% back and I'v stacked some promos where I'm getting about 22% percent back from my ebay purchases.

Second, why are you putting consoles and TVs on a UPS?

I will end up plugging this into a power conditioner with surge protection regardless I might as well make it a UPS while I'm at it hah. I will eventually start recording game play and potentially even streaming and want to avoid any short term loss of power.

And if your suggesting not to buy on ebay do you have an actual suggestion for a product and location I should be buying from?