Huh, I don't know how to buy a cellphone anymore

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Iphone X is $1000
Your 2 year contract isn't worth $1000 to the providers anymore.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
How do you guys feel about these factory refurbished phones on eBay. Seems like you can get a 128 gb iPhone 6 Plus for under $250. Is that reasonable? Or is that sketchy?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
How do you guys feel about these factory refurbished phones on eBay. Seems like you can get a 128 gb iPhone 6 Plus for under $250. Is that reasonable? Or is that sketchy?

An iPhone 6 is starting to get a bit long in the tooth. If you're looking to buy a hold over till you decide what you want, then that's fine. If you're buying a phone you're going to use for a few years, it's probably not the best choice.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Also any of you guys use consumer cellular? Their rates are dirt cheap. Thinking of getting an unlocked phones on eBay and switching to this (my Verizon contract is up).

Thinking of getting my wife another iPhone and then a non iPhone (maybe Samsung) for myself...?

EDIT: just saw your post, thanks DZ. looks like I could get a iPhone 7 for a bit more...maybe that's the way to go? A 128 gb 7 shouldn't be too expensive at this point.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Also any of you guys use consumer cellular? Their rates are dirt cheap. Thinking of getting an unlocked phones on eBay and switching to this (my Verizon contract is up).

Thinking of getting my wife another iPhone and then a non iPhone (maybe Samsung) for myself...?

EDIT: just saw your post, thanks DZ. looks like I could get a iPhone 7 for a bit more...maybe that's the way to go? A 128 gb 7 shouldn't be too expensive at this point.

A 7 should be ok for a bit yeah. The 7 will be the free iPhone model for Verizon business accounts once the new generation of iPhone hits, so you should still have a few years of solid support for the 7. Before you do anything, do some research on how well the 7 runs with the current iOS.

You can get a Pixel XL for 299.99 off eBay. I can't recommend that phone enough and it will have pure Google support for a few more years to come.