Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the most controversial film you've ever watched?

Krizalid's Fashion Designer

I did sit through and watch Traces of Death 1-4.

Once. I was pretty young then, had more of a stomach for that crap.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Montatez View Post

You mean Faces of Death? I remember that being sort of controversial, yeah, then eventually everyone found out it was fake.

Takuma's Nurse
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

Quote Originally Posted by Montatez View Post

I used to rent those on VHS all the time. Great stuff if you can stomach it.

Discovered a lot of those direct-to-video Euro horror movies from the trailers at the beginning (The Burning Moon FTW)

Would love to find the box set, but it's scarce as fuck and always expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.

Birth of a Nation.
    There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.
    Here was the reason human beings could not reject ideas because they were bad: "Ideas on Earth were badges of friendship or enmity.
    Their content didn't matter. Friends agreed with friends, in order to express friendliness. Enemies disagreed with enemies, in order to express enmity.

赤裸裸的汽車人

Religulous

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

Unsure if You Asked
    For a custom Rank
    But Hell, why not.

Faces of Death and some gang movie I cannot remember the title of --Blood In Blood Out-- were like hood lore when I was a young bull.
    Last edited by gusmoney; 06-14-2018 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Blood In Blood Out

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

NEST Puppet

Movie 43. I know, mostly weak sauce compared to most stuff in here, but still. Watched it in the cinema, and the audience was very cold. It was mostly a few awkward, short laughs at some mild jokes, whereas with the more gross jokes, no one laughed. I don't know what it was, but there just was a very awkward vibe in the room, everyone just kind of walked out at the end in near silence.

Cinema Ninja!

I used to watch this kinda shit when I was a kid. Faces of Death, Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles, Takashi Miike stuff, etc.

Anymore these days I've got enough to watch or play that I'd rather just watch shit I find entertaining. So not watching stuff for shock & awe anymore. Latest "controversial" movie I think I watched was The Human Centipede.

[Rot] 2:38 am: Z'OMG... ANYTHING... is cool in 15/70... even GregN home movies

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba966 View Post
    Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles
    YES

Unsure if You Asked
    For a custom Rank
    But Hell, why not.

Meet the Feebles is Peter Jackson's only good movie.

As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

Cinema Ninja!

Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Meet the Feebles is Peter Jackson's only good movie.
    Don't care for Bad Taste or Dead Alive?

[Rot] 2:38 am: Z'OMG... ANYTHING... is cool in 15/70... even GregN home movies

It's Time Us Welsh
    Stood on our own 2 feet
    WEL_SHIT!
    PS. FOOK teh EU!

As i've got older the shock/gore stuff i used to seek out and watch as a youngster has lost it's appeal, i'm actually a real pussy nowaday's when it come's to these kind of film's.
    Can't believe nobody's mentioned the japanese guinea pig series, the first 2 were pretty full on back in the day, charlie sheen famously got caught out by them drugged and pissed up at a party, thinking he was watching snuff films.
    The uncut version of henry portrait of a serial killer was hard for me to watch, really turned my stomache.
    Some other's i've seen that are pretty grim, weird or nasty, der todesking, 964 pinocchio, visitor q, videodrome, tetsuo, ebola syndrome, gozu, noroi, possession, plenty of others i could add as well.

Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

I have a lot of the movies mentioned, lol.

Dee Snyder's Strangeland, Audition and American Mary had some cringe moments.

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    Can't believe nobody's mentioned the japanese guinea pig series, the first 2 were pretty full on back in the day, charlie sheen famously got caught out by them drugged and pissed up at a party, thinking he was watching snuff films.
    Look closer.

The Star Wars Special Editions. I challenge anyone to see if you can find as much controversy on the internet about people dying for real on screen as there is about GL mucking up the OG trilogy.

Timid Neo Newbie

it's not gory or controversial but very disturbing and scary is a BBC tv movie called threads which is about a city in England by getting hit by nuclear fallout. if that film doesn't convince you that you would never want a nuclear attack on your worse enemy then nothing will.

Crossed Swords Squire

Fight Club makes you wonder about yourself

Yamazaki's Pupil

Not controversial but I highly recommend Terror Firmer by Troma, and Frankenhooker.

C.Kidd's XO

The most controversial film I've ever washed?

The film on my shower door. Totally nasty, nobody want to see it go, but it was time.

Geese's Thug

I think I watched part of Salo back in college...that was bad. Antichrist is controversial too, but a bit more mainstream. Pretty decent horror flick.

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...

Quote Originally Posted by Will Graham View Post
    it's not gory or controversial but very disturbing and scary is a BBC tv movie called threads which is about a city in England by getting hit by nuclear fallout. if that film doesn't convince you that you would never want a nuclear attack on your worse enemy then nothing will.
    I’ve been meaning to see this, thanks for the reminder, it’s had great reviews and has recent traction due to Severin Films re-releasing it.

Hardcore Neoholic

Last Tango in Paris & Cruising. Watching them somewhere in my teenage years felt controversial.

It's Time Us Welsh
    Stood on our own 2 feet
    WEL_SHIT!
    PS. FOOK teh EU!

Quote Originally Posted by F4U57 View Post
    Look closer.
    Apologies, of course i've noticed it in your sig fau47, what's your favourite of the 6 ???, i'm a big fan of hideshi hino so flowers of flesh and blood pretty much ticks all the box's.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Graham View Post
    Threads is great, very grim indeed, i also got ghostwatch, which ruffled a few feathers over here in the UK when it was shown as a halloween special, people fell for it hook line and sinker.

Unsure if You Asked
    For a custom Rank
    But Hell, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba966 View Post
    Don't care for Bad Taste or Dead Alive?
    I just love Meet the Feebles.

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    Apologies, of course i've noticed it in your sig fau47, what's your favourite of the 6 ???, i'm a big fan of hideshi hino so flowers of flesh and blood pretty much ticks all the box's.

Threads is great, very grim indeed, i also got ghostwatch, which ruffled a few feathers over here in the UK when it was shown as a halloween special, people fell for it hook line and sinker.
    No need to apologise mah man. Hideshi Hino is great! I would have to say Mermaid In a Manhole is my favourite, it’s just so... splashy and gross, Flowers on the other hand is nihilistic and rough. I showed Mermaid to a friend and he ran outside and vomited halfway through the film. Amazing!

Another very controversial series is the Japanese All Night Long films, notably the second film Atrocity. They’re all cold and hateful. You know what to expect when the film’s Tagline is “Human Beings Are Garbage!” Atrocity is quite a good film about a geek kid who rises up against a gang of bullies who rape and murder and goes super saiyan on them.

I remember Ghostwatch and that creepy old man behind the curtain. What a great story! I love that it fooled an entire nation.
    Last edited by F4U57; 06-14-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Thread Information