Tv/Film scenes you hate

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Forgetting Sarah Marshall predates the term millennial by at least 5 years. FSM came out in 2008, and time magazine ran a story about "millennials" in 2014; before that, the use of the term was more inconsistent than it is today. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

Labeling everyone who isn't a baby boomer is a millennial? This is silly. When I was a kid I was "generation X" then came generation Y, in the 90s. Now any of those are millennials, yet there is a clear glass ceiling between folks in their 20s and folks in their 40s, so maybe the term is simply the most sloppily contrived attempt at labelling anyone who isn't too fucking old.

Yeah, I hate it. It should just be for anyone who was about 13-20 during the turn of the century.

I just remembered one. Not really a scene, but a special effect. It drives me nuts when creatures or aliens have prosthetic makeup hands and their fingers are super long, because the actor wearing them has much shorter fingers and it makes it look like the creature only has one finger joint.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
3D movies should be re-cut for 2D.
All of the times where they just exploit 3D effects should be cut from 2D versions. They are needless wastes of time that ruin 2D viewings.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
3D movies should be re-cut for 2D.
All of the times where they just exploit 3D effects should be cut from 2D versions. They are needless wastes of time that ruin 2D viewings.
I don't understand what you mean. A whole movie is either 3D, or it isn't. There aren't 2D movies, that have certain scenes in 3D.

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary
I don't understand what you mean. A whole movie is either 3D, or it isn't. There aren't 2D movies, that have certain scenes in 3D.

I took it to mean those cheesy scenes where the bullet is shot into the screen or a fish swims by your head. It’s goofy in 3D, but it looses the effect in 2D and just looks stupid.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I took it to mean those cheesy scenes where the bullet is shot into the screen or a fish swims by your head. It’s goofy in 3D, but it looses the effect in 2D and just looks stupid.

I think the worst example is in one of the Sherlock Holmes movies where they are running through the woods in slow motion and bullets are flying and trees are exploding. That goes on for what seems like forever.

If you look at music, the Mono versions (usually for radio play) were different mixes than the stereo versions. It wasn't just a downmix of the stereo version. (never mind the the horrible job that was done to take mono recordings and "upmix" them for the emerging stereo market).

And then when Quadraphonic audio came out, those were different mixes as well.

They should start doing that with films.

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
That damn scene in Last Jedi where they go to that fucking gambling planet...

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
How about overly aggressive eating?

Manly man stabs his upside-down fork into a steak (yes, I know upside-down fork is the "correct" way to use a fork if you're some country club fuck), and puts his full weight into cutting the steak with his knife. He then quickly brings the fork - still upside-down - to his mouth and snaps the dripping steak from its perch. He chews it with a half open mouth, not breaking eye contact with whoever he's trying to intimidate. He gently places his utensils down, daintily dabs the corners of his mouth with his napkin, throws it on the table, still making eye contact, leans in and delivers his big line.

This is how insecure middle managers eat in real life.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
How about overly aggressive eating?

Manly man stabs his upside-down fork into a steak (yes, I know upside-down fork is the "correct" way to use a fork if you're some country club fuck), and puts his full weight into cutting the steak with his knife. He then quickly brings the fork - still upside-down - to his mouth and snaps the dripping steak from its perch. He chews it with a half open mouth, not breaking eye contact with whoever he's trying to intimidate. He gently places his utensils down, daintily dabs the corners of his mouth with his napkin, throws it on the table, still making eye contact, leans in and delivers his big line.

This is how insecure middle managers eat in real life.

I have definitely watched this scene in several hundred TV shows/films.