The E3 2018 Shitstravaganza!!

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
So E3 kinda sorta kicks off tomorrow morning US time with EA's press conference/apology tour.

Any predictions for this year?

Anything you're looking forward to?

Does anyone give a shit anymore?

Edit: Here's a quick schedule:

June 9th

Electronics Arts - 11:00AM PT - Twitch Link Youtube Link

June 10th

Microsoft - 1:00PM PT - Twitch Link Youtube Link

Bethesda - 6:30PM PT - Twitch Link Youtube Link

June 11th

Squeenix - 10:00AM PT - Twitch Link Youtube Link

Ubisoft - 1:00PM PT - Twitch Link Youtube Link

PC Showcase - 3:00PM PT (this usually sucks unless you're Stuart989) - Twitch Link Youtube Link

Sony - 6:00PM PT - Twitch Link Youtube Link

June 12th

Nintendo Direct - 9AM PT - Twitch Link Youtube Link

Last edited:

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
The only announced game I'm curious about is Fallout 76. If it's an online-only thing then fuck it, but if it's single-player I'm definitely interested.

I'm not gonna watch any of the conferences but I always like reading the recaps of everything once they are done. Microsoft needs to have a good show and not just rely on Halo, Gears and Forza.

For Nintendo, I'd like to see an announcement of Animal Crossing and Pikmin 4 for the Switch. A Pikmin 1-3 collection would be nice too. Maybe some new Switch models too. A more powerful model, and for me, a redesigned handheld-only model would be cool since that's the only way I ever play mine.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Did the hype for E3 die down recently? Or maybe I just remember previous years more when they had upcoming console launches. I would imagine lines being long for everything is still the norm.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Did the hype for E3 die down recently? Or maybe I just remember previous years more when they had upcoming console launches. I would imagine lines being long for everything is still the norm.

E3 isn't nearly as important anymore. Several companies have pulled out from it altogether (EA and Activision being the biggest), Sony doesn't make as big of a deal about it since they have their own Playstation Experience show later in the year and while Nintendo still has a presence, it just does a Nintendo Direct instead of a big stage show. In general, companies can announce and market games online and get a similar response so there isn't as much of a need for a big trade show to show their games to retailers and investors. It's the reason they're letting in consumers and charging them an arm and a leg to wait in 3 hour lines to play one game: becoming a consumer-focused show (like PAX or Gamescom) is the only way they'll likely survive in the long run.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

it's because new games suck these days

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
After maxs response towards EA press event at E3 i see i wasn't missing much :p

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
It's the reason they're letting in consumers and charging them an arm and a leg to wait in 3 hour lines to play one game: becoming a consumer-focused show (like PAX or Gamescom) is the only way they'll likely survive in the long run.

Actually, the fact that they booted out consumers several years ago is why E3 has taken such a hit. The first few days were industry only. After that, it was open to the public. It followed this model for over a decade. But then several years ago, E3 became exclusive to industry folks. It got very boring, like any stodgy trade event. And it never recovered from that, even though they started letting consumers in again a few years ago. That's why E3 sucks now. Well, that and most games suck now.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
watching IGN coverage via youtube. goddam these people piss me off. the CNN of videogame journalism? Kotaku, IGN, Gamespot, Nintendo Treehouse and whatever else. the death of the medium.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
The only games I'm really looking forward to are Cyberpunk 2077, Starfield and Beyond Good & Evil 2.

A new Nintendo IP would be nice too, who knows.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Tales of Vesperia Remastered > every other announcement in this E3.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Tales of Vesperia Remastered > every other announcement in this E3.

XBone exclusive. Guess I won't get to play it.

Dumb...Bandai-Namco released the original (with one additional character) on PS3 in Japan. This will not be enough to get me to buy one of their consoles.

Jon

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
XBone exclusive. Guess I won't get to play it.

Dumb...Bandai-Namco released the original (with one additional character) on PS3 in Japan. This will not be enough to get me to buy one of their consoles.

Jon

It's multiplatform.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

For me I can't get excited since I know we'll mostly get a series of sequels and ports, that's really all that gets announced the past few years. I think the last time I got excited over an e3 announcement was back when Nintendo announced the 3DS, that was pretty unexpected.