Dead or Alive 6

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Hurray! Mai Shiranui makes DOA6 quadrillions of times even more amazing!

Also here is quoted DOA5 and DOA6 system large differences!

https://teamninja-studio.com/doa6/us/news190215c.html

DOA5 and DOA6 systems differences quote
All of the big changes are in the system mechanics. In DOA5, there were the following:
Critical Stun affected Launch heights: Self-explanatory. The longer you kept an opponent in Critical Stun, the higher your launcher would send them.
Critical Burst: If you reach the end of the stun threshold, you can use a specific move to put them in a "Critical Burst" stun, that allowed you to follow-up with any move you like.
Power Blow/Power Launcher: When your HP was below 50%, it would flash red. This would enable you to use a one-time super move, either a Power Blow for 80 flat damage, or a Power Launcher that sends them super high.
Unholdable stuns: Some critical stuns removed your ability to counter hold. The most noticeable being a "sit-down" stun, but all of the unholdable stuns were never specifically marked as such and were very inconsistent across the cast.
Slow escaping: If you mash buttons while you are critical stunned, you will escape the critical stun sooner. This was also inconsistent as not every stun could be slow escaped, and there was no way to tell if one could be or not.

Now, in DOA6, all of those are gone. The following exist instead:
Consistent Launch heights: No matter how far into Critical Stun the opponent is, all launchers will always send them at the same height. This enables a new sort of gameplay where you can just get 1 hit and immediatley go for a launcher for a full combo, as opposed to a much smaller combo that DOA5 would've required. This is how DOA used to be prior to DOA4.
Break Gauge: A super meter, more or less. For the first time in the series! This enables two specific mechanics.
Break Hold: A super counter-hold. At the cost of half of your Break Gauge, you can use a special counter-hold that counters ALL moves, and can even be used during Fatal Stuns(more on this below).
Break Blow: A super move. The replacement of Power Blows/Launchers. At the cost of a full Break Gauge, you can use a special super attack that deals lots of damage, and its startup can even counter moves!
Break Blow Cancel: If you press Hold after the first hit of your Break Blow lands, but before the cinematic attack, you will cancel it. This is used to extend combos.
Fatal Stun: A new type of Critical Stun. Specific moves and Fatal Rushes(more on this below) will cause a Fatal Stun, wherein the opponent cannot perform a counter of any sort, except for a Break Hold.
Fatal Rush: Using a brand-new "S" button, the Fatal Rush is a 4-hit string in which all 4 hits cause a Fatal Stun. If you have a full Break Gauge, you can cancel the final hit of your Fatal Rush into a Break Blow

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The beta will be live for 2 days in few hours and it can be downloaded now on ps4 and xbox one (ps+ / xbl required)

This one will have lobbies and training modes.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Impressions of the game thus far? I still regularly play 4 and 5.
I feel as though 5 had more tricks up its sleeve and they could have extended its lifespan.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I had doubt that it would be as good as DoA5, but now I'm enjoying it even more than that.

In 5, the gameplay revolved around landing critical bursts and going for the highest possible damage (or at least, that's how I played it), but in 6, you are forced to learn as many combo variations as possible, studying the pros and cons of each one (frame data, damage, properties and range). That way, neutral play is as important as combos.

My main concern was the inclusion of the power guage and the fatal stun combos (auto combos) but turned out that mechanec is actually useful for advanced players as well. Without going into too much details, you will be mostly using the first one or two attacks of the auto combo thing (referred to as S attacks, and mapped into one of the shoulder buttons, or by pressing P+K+G):

- A single hit puts the opponent in a fatal stun state, where he / she can't use holds any more
- It has a slow start up
- Can still be added mid combos if the previous attack causes a long stun
- Always attacks high
- tracks side stepping oponents

That last point is where I mostly use it. Side stepping is completely invincible against non-tracking attacks, so you can easily punish it with the S attack (causes fatal stun) and folow it with highest damaging combo. You can not also abuse the S attack as it's a slow high attack.

The graphics are stunning.

I'm not content with the roster when compared to vanilla DoA5. They basically took out the VF characters and Genfu, and replaced them with the likes of Honoka, Maries Rose and Nico. Too many lollies for my taste. I hope they balance things with DLC's.

Another complaint I have is the abundance of stage hazards, and how they can unfairly turn the tide around. It's not a game breaker, but can be annoying sometimes. Considering this game relies on short combo bursts, the damage they do is relatively too high imo.

Story is shit from what I heard.

All in all, I'm enjoying the game a lot.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
A free to play version is now available with 4 characters.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
doax3

hey !? at least I didnt make a thread??

so i go to play this again and it has a forced update...whats it do?? will try googling but thought someone might know..I dont play much and have a backup save for when Ido.. but i canteven?:scratch:

ed,, google 'claims' just glitches...my buddy saner Should know tho.

Last edited:

saner

Krauser's Henchman
hey !? at least I didnt make a thread??

so i go to play this again and it has a forced update...whats it do?? will try googling but thought someone might know..I dont play much and have a backup save for when Ido.. but i canteven?:scratch:

ed,, google 'claims' just glitches...my buddy saner Should know tho.

a forced update? well a console that is behind in patching a game, would get forced updates to get those things patched before starting the game. its good to check for updates, which I think is pressing triangle when highlighting the game? something like that on ps4 at least.

well Momiji is confirmed, I think she will have DLC available later this week.

they added a new summer stage and some other stuff. also word about costumes being buyable separately. also they revealed some ninja costumes that can turn gold.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
a forced update? well a console that is behind in patching a game, would get forced updates to get those things patched before starting the game. its good to check for updates, which I think is pressing triangle when highlighting the game? something like that on ps4 at least.

well Momiji is confirmed, I think she will have DLC available later this week.

they added a new summer stage and some other stuff. also word about costumes being buyable separately. also they revealed some ninja costumes that can turn gold.

I am not sure I had to do it...but to get the internet features to work i did.. like weekly or whatever time period xp and whatever bonuses to work again I did..now I can get leifang and some other chick bet it has something to do with the scarlet version coming out.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Sup saner. I’m still enjoying DOA6 and Momiji definitely should’ve been there along with Rachel to begin with, but I’m glad that Team Ninja is still supporting the game despite the luke warm reactions to the games initial release.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Sup saner. I’m still enjoying DOA6 and Momiji definitely should’ve been there along with Rachel to begin with, but I’m glad that Team Ninja is still supporting the game despite the luke warm reactions to the games initial release.

its a friggin conspiracy. hate bandwagons (mad up of racists, misogynists, chauvinists, capcom fanatics, jealous nintendo fanatics that bash games they are not getting, and others) spread viral misinformation about 'censorship'.
sure it was the devs fault spewing talk about trying to pandering SJW and esport modesty, but the mainstream didnt bother to look with their own eyes and see that DOA6 is every bit DOA like its predecessors.

so the delusion that DOA6 went on, and most didnt look back, which just goes to show how sheepish and ignorant the masses are and easily blindly fooled by outrage culture.

the only flaws DOA6 has is lack of tag team and online tournament mode (and OMG mode), and still missing Rachel and Alpha 152, but DOA6 is still fine without those things. and the gameplay never been better for the series.
I mean even DOA5LR lobbies look they they are a alpha test, compared to DOA6's pristine lobbies design and better netcode and better organization so multiple matches can take place in a single lobby too.

theres just a lot of ingrates out there. but anyways with the core fighters business model, I think DOA6 can profit over time and make up for the low launch sales.
DOA6 is multiple times better than it was months ago. and a better first year than DOA5.

Last edited: