Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
He had an 11 year old kid, and I don't give a fuck how sad you feel, if you've got a kid then guess what you're not living for yourself anymore.

You are an absolute fucking idiot.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You are an absolute fucking idiot.

Why have a child and not live your life to it's natural end? did you fuck up and have a child without really wanting it? perhaps. That said you had one so might you survive as long as you physically can instead of hanging oneself? many questions and few answers....

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
This is probably the best quote I've read regarding suicide.

“The so-called ‘psychotically depressed’ person who tries to kill herself doesn’t do so out of quote ‘hopelessness’ or any abstract conviction that life’s assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire’s flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It’s not desiring the fall; it’s terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling ‘Don’t!’ and ‘Hang on!’, can understand the jump. Not really. You’d have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling.”

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Bullshit. Someone deciding to jump out instead of burning in flames is not killing themselves, they’re taking control of their fate and deciding on a cool and relaxing end instead of some hot bbq. I’d do the same thing but I might wait it out until the very last minute for hope and all. So It’s a shitty quote because the “burning building “ is a real thing not some abstract psychological construct like the person deciding to kill themselves “deals” with.

If the quote helps someone not do it, great but it ain’t the same shit.

Here’s one: if a bunch of kids are playing Russian roulette and one of them “loses” the game. Did the kid kill himself? Like was it suicide the minute they all decided to even play the game or was it just shit luck?

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Here’s one: if a bunch of kids are playing Russian roulette and one of them “loses” the game. Did the kid kill himself? Like was it suicide the minute they all decided to even play the game or was it just shit luck?

yes, the dead kid killed himself. Anyone who survived attempted suicide.

LadyVamp

Camel Slug
Some people here are dense as fuck and need to do more reading to educate themselves.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
in my opinion the best way to play russian roulette (or "the punk test" as my psychotic mother referred to it as) is with TWO bullets, situated across from each other, with LESS people than there are empty cartridges in the gun. That's some scary shit. The game is over when the first bullet is fired. Everyone could survive.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
He trolled Guy Fieri like a Neo-Geo.com regular during the era of Bobak.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
This sucks so much. I've seen every show he has done and Parts Unknown was part of my staple TV. He will be missed. :(

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
This sucks so much. I've seen every show he has done and Parts Unknown was part of my staple TV. He will be missed. :(

Drama queens pay attention. This is how you comment on a celebrity's death. "Awww shit I just loved watching his show. Now wtf am I gonna watch".

The rest is bullshit because you don't know the guy in person. Don't make this about you and your goddamn disorders - nobody cares.

Last edited:

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
Drama queens pay attention. This is how you comment on a celebrity's death. "Awww shit I just loved watching his show. Now wtf am I gonna watch".

The rest is bullshit because you don't know they guy in person. Don't make this about you and your goddamn disorders - nobody cares.

I know I shouldn't even bother replying to an a-hole like you. As already stated in this thread, you must be another person who must be an absolute pleasure to be with.

The meaning of what I wrote is how much I liked what he did. Not "now I have nothing to watch on TV". So stop fucking straw manning me.

He was kind of a culinary diplomat by visiting other cultures and making people understand that we all aren't so different after all.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
I know I shouldn't even bother replying to an a-hole like you. As already stated in this thread, you must be another person who must be an absolute pleasure to be with.
The meaning of what I wrote is how much I liked what he did. Not "now I have nothing to watch on TV". So stop fucking straw manning me.
He was kind of a culinary diplomat by visiting other cultures and making people understand that we all aren't so different after all.

Interesting! Why will he be missed by yourself then? Because other than you watching his god damn tv show, you don't have a single tie to the man. You're not related in any way. Did you cry and break out in tears on hearing the news? No, the only people that REALLY grieve are family and friends. The rest is nothing more than civil, fake condolences. Plus you're still saying the same shit; you liked his show and now that he's gone you appreciate it even more. Wow, profound - you liked a programme on tv. Sorry, you liked it much.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
It's a damn shame. I really loved his shows. When he first showed up with no reservations I was flipping burgers in a fast food hell. I watched his show and felt like this dude really understood what restaurant life was at its core. He wasn't some pissy tv chef who made fancy bullshit dishes and talked about foams, and xanthan gum. He was dirty, real, everyone in the kitchen was a member of a rogues gallery of criminals, addicts, failed writers, actors, and wet behind the ears kids who want to learn how to cook a steak by sound alone.

He put it out there that the breakfast shift sucks, the dinner rush sucks too, and all you can hope for is that the kitchen porter has scored a big bag for when the shift is over and you get your bus home. What he was saying, what he would talk about spoke right to me and every other sweaty chef friend I had. I've long since hung up the non slip shoes, and now cook for fun. But Anthony showed us how food really bridges cultures, and how the best way to travel is on an empty stomach. He was a rare breed as far as chefs go. Totally open and candid about the world behind the kitchen door. Something other tv chefs never, ever, talk about. He was a real class act.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
It's a damn shame. I really loved his shows. When he first showed up with no reservations I was flipping burgers in a fast food hell. I watched his show and felt like this dude really understood what restaurant life was at its core. He wasn't some pissy tv chef who made fancy bullshit dishes and talked about foams, and xanthan gum. He was dirty, real, everyone in the kitchen was a member of a rogues gallery of criminals, addicts, failed writers, actors, and wet behind the ears kids who want to learn how to cook a steak by sound alone.

He put it out there that the breakfast shift sucks, the dinner rush sucks too, and all you can hope for is that the kitchen porter has scored a big bag for when the shift is over and you get your bus home. What he was saying, what he would talk about spoke right to me and every other sweaty chef friend I had. I've long since hung up the non slip shoes, and now cook for fun. But Anthony showed us how food really bridges cultures, and how the best way to travel is on an empty stomach. He was a rare breed as far as chefs go. Totally open and candid about the world behind the kitchen door. Something other tv chefs never, ever, talk about. He was a real class act.

Good stuff. I heard that he mentioned a significant amount of people in prison in the US where kitchen workers by trade. Nuts.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member

Flipping burgers fast food are considered chefs?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Flipping burgers fast food are considered chefs?

Screw that. I want to know how he had a shit job which somehow got better because he watched some tv show. That is like magic!
Flipping burgers became le tournement de la boeuf.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist

Good stuff. I heard that he mentioned a significant amount of people in prison in the US where kitchen workers by trade. Nuts.

Also notice how these two always reply in tandem where the one fag is one upping the other fag. Fake account alert.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Guy was a legend not just in the culinary world but also the punk/hardcore scene. He will be sorely missed.