Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I didn't watch his show because I always thought him to be an arrogant prick. Not sure why I thought that - was he on a cooking show or something? Maybe it was the way he spoke and carried himself. Anyhow, I allowed my perception to keep me from getting to know him from his latest project which seems to be enjoyed by many.

Then again, if I think about all you motherfuckers praising this guy........I may have been right about him.

I have a problem recognizing mental disorders as a real thing. I generally see it as a weakness and bullshit lies - so its hard for me to feel bad for anyone that takes their own life; enough people do it from all status of life so it isn't a stretch to think that maybe there's something to it. I do feel for his friends and family and fans that are left to continue to live with his choice.

Bless your heart.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Great show, with cooking as a tasty MacGuffin. Cuba & Argentina were my favorite episodes, along with his Hotel Oloffson visit as a reminiscence to Green's Comedians. Man, I don't even want to know what drove him to it, but all considered, he endured long enough. I recently saw a documentary about free diver Jacques Mayol. In an afterword, his Japanese friend explained what suicide signifies in his culture. He spoke about pride and honor, but his eyes were full of bitter tears. R.I.P. Anthony.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Cool post, dude.

Well, just being honest. Why would you care about anybody who plays no role whatsoever in your life. Sucks for his friends and family, sure. But let's not get delusional and think that this person affects pr affected any of us.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Well, just being honest. Why would you care about anybody who plays no role whatsoever in your life. Sucks for his friends and family, sure. But let's not get delusional and think that this person affects pr affected any of us.

Nobody cares for your "honest opinion", mate.

Rest in peace, Mr Bourdain.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
this is such sad news. i loved anthony bourdain. might sound weird but he was one of my favourite celebrities ever. he always seemed like a humble and friendly guy. may he rest in peace.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member

Dude, you've been here since 2k3. You do realize what he did for Merc, right? Or do you just like speaking for other people?

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Tragic news. He was an icon. Would dream about having a life (at least what we saw on TV) like his. Traveling all over, getting to meet amazing people and eat amazing food. May he rest in peace

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Terribly sad news, RIP

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I never watched his shows, and I couldn't get past the intro to one of his books, but I do go by one of his tips: If you're trying a new restaurant and aren't sure about the cleanliness of the kitchen, check their bathroom. The bathroom is the lowest priority, so if it looks good, the kitchen is good.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
He had an 11 year old kid, and I don't give a fuck how sad you feel, if you've got a kid then guess what you're not living for yourself anymore.

I'm not calling him a coward or anything but I am saying it's a shitty thing to kill yourself when you've got other people - children, especially - counting on you to provide for them.

Meh

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yeah, fuck people with kids who die of cancer too!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
He had an 11 year old kid, and I don't give a fuck how sad you feel, if you've got a kid then guess what you're not living for yourself anymore.

I'm not calling him a coward or anything but I am saying it's a shitty thing to kill yourself when you've got other people - children, especially - counting on you to provide for them.

Meh

I guess this had to be said, this other side of his death shouldn't be secluded. I agree with you for the most part, but considering his drug past and state of depression, I can't imagine a clear judgement on his decision is possible. His daughter is at least financially well provided, was kept out of the spotlight and has a loving mother. The guy tried, but ultimately lost his battle, we'll all do in time.

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
I suffer from major depression and chronic anxiety. It is absolutely terrifying because I feel like I'm not part of humanity. I get therapy, take meds, etc. But it's no cure. Tbh, there is no cure, just managing the illness. There is a huge stigma for those of us with mental illness which makes it even worse. I am lucky to have a support system around me, but many people don't. When the darkness of depression takes hold of you, you just want to end it. Some choose alcohol/drugs, and some fight it. Anthony unfortunately couldn't find a way out of the darkness which is so very tragic. He wasn't being selfish or weak, etc. He just couldn't take the pain anymore. Yes, mental anguish does exist. You don't see it, but you feel it 24/7. Please empathize with Mr. Bourdain. We lost a beautiful soul.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
I suffer from major depression and chronic anxiety. It is absolutely terrifying because I feel like I'm not part of humanity. I get therapy, take meds, etc. But it's no cure. Tbh, there is no cure, just managing the illness. There is a huge stigma for those of us with mental illness which makes it even worse. I am lucky to have a support system around me, but many people don't. When the darkness of depression takes hold of you, you just want to end it. Some choose alcohol/drugs, and some fight it. Anthony unfortunately couldn't find a way out of the darkness which is so very tragic. He wasn't being selfish or weak, etc. He just couldn't take the pain anymore. Yes, mental anguish does exist. You don't see it, but you feel it 24/7. Please empathize with Mr. Bourdain. We lost a beautiful soul.

Ok, didnt want to go down this path but your bullshit triggered me.
What is the stigma bestowed upon you, please elaborate? If you're gonna say what I think you're going to say...please warned that I will start a rant that will undoubtedly piss many off here on this forum.