E3 2018 Discussion

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
It's that time of the year again. What are you expecting? What are you excited for?

I'm looking forward to a new Death Stranding trailer and hopefully some RE2 Remake footage. As well as whatever new stuff Nintendo shows off.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Hoping RE2 Remake is there.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I'm hoping for something good for Switch that isn't Smash Bros. Metroid Prime 4 footage would be cool, but it's probably going to suck since Bandai Namco are making it.

Not that I care too much, but I'd like to see Kingdom Hearts III and DQ XI get release dates. If DQ XI gets a good LE PS4 console I might bite.

Last of Us II will probably get a holiday 2019 release date.

Edit: I'd love to see more on the new Vanillaware mech game. Only a teaser has been shown so far, and it's been a while since that was published.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I've been waiting for a new Ninja Gaiden announcement every E3 / TGS since the PS4's launch (Tecmo said around Yaiba's days that it was coming) but hell, at this point I would settle for remasters of 1 - 3.

At least we are very likely to get DMC5 soon as the rumors heavily suggest.

Not having high expectations from RE2 remake since it's likely to be TPS, but then again, I thought using first person for RE7 was a joke and that turned out great.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Thanks for starting this thread. I'm going to give you a stream of consciousness that I'll try to organize into locks, impossibilities, and everything in-between:

Locks - I'm thrilled that these have recently been announced.
  • Fallout 76 - I'm leery about the genre change in this one, but Shelter was better than it had any business being, so...
  • Hitman 2 - Like Assassin's Creed but good!
  • Team Sonic Racing - If this lives up to potential, Sega/Sumo will have two kart racers better than any Mario Kart.

In-Between - My fingers are crossed.
  • Original Bethesda VR Game - They got some experience and revenue from Doom, Fallout 4, and Skyrim. Show us what the long game is.
  • F-Zero - Outsource it to Sega again, and don't do anything stupid like adding power ups.
  • Fire Alarm or Bomb Threat During Limited Run Games' "Show" - I can't decide if I'd rather this happen to them or EA.
  • No EA Star Wars Game This Year - After canning the Visceral game and releasing The Last Jedi, it's what both parties deserve.
  • Non-Mobile Platinum Game - They've made some bold statements about the action genre, but I'm worried it's a mobile title.
  • Prey DLC - This one seems very likely, given the teasing, but the game didn't sell anywhere near what it deserved.
  • Resident Evil 7 Finally in VR on PC - The exclusivity has been over for months. Release it already.
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider Looks Good - This one could go either way. I hope there's no Mass Effect Andromeda nonsense introduced to it.
  • Shin Megami Tensei on Switch Shown - Not just a logo and not just in Japanese, please.
  • Xbox/360 Backward Compatibility on Windows 10 - I'm sure it's hard, but so was screwing up the Xbox One launch, and they pulled that off.
  • Yakuza/Persona on PC - Sega/Atlus have tip-toed around this for quite a while. Pull the trigger.

Impossible
  • Less Indie Games in Platform Holder Shows - Sure there are good indie games, like Rocket League, but they're one in every 100.
  • No N64 Mini - Reggie gets up on stage and correctly says there aren't enough good games on the platform to bother. Hi, madman!
  • Switch Pro - It's a year too early, but I'm ready. Compromising on resolution and especially framerate doesn't do it for me.

I'll probably edit the shit out of this between now and when the shows start on Sunday night. I'm also completely on board with REmake2.

edit: I can't believe I forgot Cyberpunk 2077. It should have been the first thing I thought of.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Ridge Racer 8

F Zero S is just going to be a remaster of GX with AX tracks and online done by Platinum

Punch-Out Switch

Metroid Prime Collection

MK 11

Team Sonic Racing Switch version will have Mario Kart characters.

MC708

n00b
Super Mario Odyssey DLC is what I want. Preferably a new kingdom, but if they somehow made a new minigame like Luigi's Balloon World I'd fine with that also.

Carless Walker

Kabuki Klasher
I'm looking forward to the Bethesda showcase, I would like some information on Fallout 76 and maybe a peek at the next Elder Scrolls (Elsweyr, Black Marsh... very curious).

Any Metroid announcements and i'll need a firehose to clean up the mess.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I'm looking forward to the Bethesda showcase, I would like some information on Fallout 76 and maybe a peek at the next Elder Scrolls (Elsweyr, Black Marsh... very curious).

Am I the only one that's not interested in an online Fallout game? For me the single player RPG experience is what makes the FO games, same with Elder Scrolls.

We very likely will not see anything Elder Scrolls related. I wish the Switch port had something new content wise.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
Am I the only one that's not interested in an online Fallout game? For me the single player RPG experience is what makes the FO games, same with Elder Scrolls.

We very likely will not see anything Elder Scrolls related. I wish the Switch port had something new content wise.

No you are not the only one....

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
MM11 Block Man Stage play through.

fake

15 Year Member
I'd like Nintendo to reveal transparent Joy-Cons in the same colors as the N64s.

63fd4f1d8c7cb2bb05169cdba1d878c5.jpg

fake

15 Year Member
The new From Software game looks awesome. Xbox Ninja Gaiden mixed with Tenchu mixed with Dark Souls.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Cuphead is getting some extra content next year...

That’s about the only thing that interests me so far.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
finally getting to play metal wolf chaos without having to jump through a dozen of hoops like a retard is nice.

Carless Walker

Kabuki Klasher
Well, Fallout is essentially co-op now, i'm okay with this. I was excited to see the teaser for the next Elder Scrolls, I'm curious where it will be though.

I'm most excited about the Etch-a-Sketch port of Skyrim.

Now, let's see what Nintendo brings, as far as Metroid.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Don't expect Prime 4 to be on their show. They are focusing on 2018 releases, and apparently the game is still in early stages and won't release this year. I expect that to have its own Direct at some point later. I'm sure there will be a Mother 3 announcement though.

Fist of the North Star will be localized and get released in October btw.