CMVS on a SONY PVM 20L2

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
Alright, as the title states, I need help getting RGB from my SONY PVM 20L2. I bought a BNC to SCART adapter, and a SCART cable. Now, the fun part... I can't seem to get a picture? The sound doesn't seem to want to work, either. I say no picture...but it's just garbled. I can't seem to get SYNC to work?

HELP! ��

Edit - The RGB is coming from my CMVS.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Alright, as the title states, I need help getting RGB from my SONY PVM 20L2. I bought a BNC to SCART adapter, and a SCART cable. Now, the fun part... I can't seem to get a picture? The sound doesn't seem to want to work, either. I say no picture...but it's just garbled. I can't seem to get SYNC to work?

HELP! ��

Edit - The RGB is coming from my CMVS.

What type of CMVS is it? JNX, Omega, Analogue, KJP, other?

Are you sure the SCART cable is the correct type?

Have you tried any other consoles?

You got the SCART to BNC from me so I know that part is good :D

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
The cmvs is from JNX. Haven't tried any other consoles because I don't have compatible SCART cables for them... I'm pretty sure the cable is good. I got it from JNX himself... I guess the cable did come from florida....small world lol

What type of CMVS is it? JNX, Omega, Analogue, KJP, other?

Are you sure the SCART cable is the correct type?

Have you tried any other consoles?

You got the SCART to BNC from me so I know that part is good :D

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Could be a settings issue with the monitor. Make sure the it's in RGB mode, not component and you have the cables connected in the right places. Are you seeing colors but it's out of sync or red only?

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
Im pretty sure Ive tried every setting. Maybe im not plugging the darn thing in right.... There is a picture, but its just garbled. Not red only....just garbled. I can't figure out how to turn on sync.....
Could be a settings issue with the monitor. Make sure the it's in RGB mode, not component and you have the cables connected in the right places. Are you seeing colors but it's out of sync or red only?

Last edited:

Ray

New Challenger
Could be wrong, but it looks to me like the sync signal isn't coming through. On my PVM-1443MD I have to turn on external sync for RGB to work while composite and S-Video use internal sync. Make sure you've connected the sync cable at the right place and press the EXT SYNC button.

If that doesn't work I would try fiddling a little more with the menu. Also try using a composite video source so you know the PVM itself isn't the problem.

Last edited:

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
I've already tested composite and component, and they are both working great.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Go into the monitor menu, make sure it's set to RGB EXT SYNC. Maybe it's set to internal sync?

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
OK got a picture... Still no audio...but it is too red.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Take pics of the screen, status menu and connections.

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
I got it working. I think it had been in storage or something, because I fiddled with the connectors a bit...it came right to life. Absolutely beautiful picture.... :cool: