Arcade Game Stores in Los Angles

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
I'm going to LA for a week at the end of July is there any good spot for used PCBs out there?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I'm going to LA for a week at the end of July is there any good spot for used PCBs out there?

If there were any, im sure someone would have posted something, and im sure it would have been picked clean.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yep it sucks over here. If you want any game store recommendations I could help you out but none sell pcbs.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
There's a place in or near Glendale where I went a few years ago. Scored a couple of MVS carts and some mini marquees and flyers. It's called "Vintage Arcade Superstore" on San Fernando Blvd. They mostly buy up arcade machines and pins and restore then for sale on their sales floor, but they have a back warehouse area full of all kinds of shit. They had a whole shelf full of MVS carts and the guy let me just go through all of it.

Hit up Game Dude in North Hollywood, too. Not cheap or anything, but that place has been around since back in the day and they have a very good selection.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
What Jibba said above Game Dude is a must. If your looking for imports Retro Game Camp in Little Tokyo is worth a visit. None of the stores in Los Angeles I would consider cheap however.

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
When I googled stores that sell arcade stuff I saw that store come up. From what I can see it looks like the closesest thing to what I was looking for, I'll check out that and Game Dude thanks.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Wow, never heard of this. Any relation to the one in Akihabara? http://www.retrogamecamp.com/en/

If it's the one in Little Tokyo, near the Anime stores it does say it is connected to the stores in Japan.

They sell out instantly on the clean new arrival stuff.

I usually find yellowed SFC systems, crappy MD and Neo selection.

Went twice, after their soft opening, and wasn't impressed at the selection. They had a Thunder force III cart, with hole punched instructions for like $50.
Japanese FFS aes was $90, plus tax almost $97, so I think it's cheaper to order ebay.

One more thing, PC Engine Core were $125.
Also had an American unboxed SMS for 85, with generic plug one controller.

Was hoping to score some goodies, but didn't find anything.

Last edited:

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I was at retro game camp as well and sadly, didnt find much out there either. Very few items were decently priced but most of it was overpriced. Saw zelda no densetsu on super famicom boxed for 90 bucks. Way too much. Also dont like how the ps2 games are behind the counter so its hard to look thru em. Cool place tho

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
So I checked out that Arcade Superstore and actually was pleasantly surprised. They had a whole stack of MVS carts and some CPS-2 boards. I picked up KOF 2003 & Strikers 1945 Plus and thought about picking up Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter but the owner wanted to much for it. Game Dude was kinda disappointing, they didn't really have any Saturn stuff which is what I was mostly looking for but I did pick Rockman X2 and Yoshi's Island Super Famicom carts for cheap at Retro Gaming Camp.

emusnes

n00b
Toys vs Games near Long Beach has a decent selection. Only about 25 minutes outside of Los Angeles.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
So I checked out that Arcade Superstore and actually was pleasantly surprised. They had a whole stack of MVS carts and some CPS-2 boards. I picked up KOF 2003 & Strikers 1945 Plus and thought about picking up Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter but the owner wanted to much for it. Game Dude was kinda disappointing, they didn't really have any Saturn stuff which is what I was mostly looking for but I did pick Rockman X2 and Yoshi's Island Super Famicom carts for cheap at Retro Gaming Camp.

I wish anything like that existed in Chicago

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
What did you pay for strikers?

This is the important question. Do they actually have decent prices? There is an arcade game shop in LA with an ebay listing for a $10k egret 3....so I somehow don't think I'd trust that sort of place to charge an ok price for MVS carts.

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
This is the important question. Do they actually have decent prices? There is an arcade game shop in LA with an ebay listing for a $10k egret 3....so I somehow don't think I'd trust that sort of place to charge an ok price for MVS carts.

I paid $75 for Strikers.