4-Slot Battery Replacement

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Apologies in advance for what's probably a redundant thread. What's the best way to replace a 4-slot battery in 2018?

I've seen Channelmaniac's guide (but don't see the appropriate 3.6v NICD battery on his site) and have heard that coin-battery mods exist (which I frankly probably have battery holders for) - what's the best option these days? And what's the best source for whatever battery you'd recommend?

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Be aware if you have a MV4 or MV4F the pin spacing between the positive/negative holes is non-standard at around 23mm and they don't have alternate holes with standard spacing (20mm) like most other boards. They only coin cell holder that I've found thats about that spacing is this

https://www.digikey.com/product-det...ion-devices/BH2450T-C/BH2450T-C-TR-ND/8119231

which is 23.7mm and takes a CR2450 battery. I just ordered some of them last friday so not sure how well they work yet.

-ack

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Sweet, thanks Chris! Coin cell is easier than I thought - I've got stuff here, as it's basically the same procedure as a Bally MPU regardless of the 4-slot board revision, so more familiar territory than expected. Thanks!