AES Stick Burtons found in junk box

I bought a box of random electronics from an estate sale today. Most of it was random universal remotes and wires that I mainly use if I have a need for a specific part. But oddly enough, mixed up in all of the usual just was a set of AES buttons. There wasn’t anything else video game related in there, and I have no reason to believe the original owner(an old woman) had any reason to own an AES.
How do I go about testing them to see if they still function? I have an AES stick, but I don’t know if I trust myself to take it apart without damaging it. I tend to avoid messing with Neo Geo hardware.41571AB9-5BD7-4C37-B4F1-FD84EE58E31D.jpegF907DB7A-CAB0-400F-BE2B-9A2F224077F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, that was an iPhone mess up. Entirely my fault for not proof reading. What can I say, I’m kind of a retard

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
2bkhgi.jpg

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
If you've got a multimeter, you can use continuity mode by touching the probes to a button's solder points and pressing it, if it beeps (or otherwise, some don't beep) then it should be working. If it lacks continuity mode you can set it to measure resistance and look for a change to a 0 or near-0 ohm value when pressing a button.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Throw it in the trash and use Sanwa or Seimitsu 24mm instead.

CZroe

Zero's Secretary
They should fit a replica Neo Geo X joystick for a little more authenticity. I’ve been rewiring them with DB15 extension cables from console5 to use with my authentic Neo systems because I’m a cheapskate: broken hardware to repair almost never includes PSUs, video cables, or controllers, nor do unconsolized MVS boards.