Where to find a Neo Geo aes american system? Any good dealers around?

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Hey guys I’ve been looking for a Neo Geo aes American system for a little while but haven’t found one yet. Is eBay my best bet or is there a dealer that sells Neo Geo stuff I should check out?

Thanks guys

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
post a bit more and open a WTB in the market here and if you're patient someone might hook you up. You could also try one of the various neo geo FB groups.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
In this day and age all home systems should have a Unibios installed, and once you do that it won't matter if it's Japanese or American. I honestly have no idea what the country of origin of my system was.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
Hey guys I’ve been looking for a Neo Geo aes American system for a little while but haven’t found one yet. Is eBay my best bet or is there a dealer that sells Neo Geo stuff I should check out?

Thanks guys

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-AES-GAME-CONSOLE-TWO-CONTROLLERS-POWER-PLUG-A-V-cable-TOP-PLAYER-GOLF-/292579908355?nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=0jhrw7QYouW9iiu6B7gO1BbMfCE%253D&orig_cvip=true

Ebay is the place and you can get it for a bargain there

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Make sure the AES you buy has REI video output. Otherwise it's trash.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If you can grab one with the LED power button then you've found yourself an LE model, '92 release I believe. Rare as hell.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
You actually want a European system. They have a unique panoramic view like you get in the cinema, and they run their games a bit slower so they are easier to play. (That’s a pro tip, don’t go spreading it around).

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
In this day and age all home systems should have a Unibios installed, and once you do that it won't matter if it's Japanese or American. I honestly have no idea what the country of origin of my system was.

I used to think choosing the right country of origin was inevitable.
I found UniBios, the breakthrough in region regrowth.
Breakthrough? There's been a breakthrough?!
UniBios can help me choose as much or as little countries as I want to.
Hey, today I'm gonna do it.

Allow me to present the UniBios action set.
A six-month supply of matches, lots of new features, fixes & changes and a cool in game menu.
It's like Dimoxinil for your bold NGH ;).

I scored one on Craigslist with a low serial number, 3 games cib, 2 Joysticks for $700. Was listed for $1000 but talked the kid down.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Found a good Japan ver. at a good price. I don't think this deal will sit long.

https://from-japan-retro-sale.mysho...ogeo-aes-console-2-games-snk-ng-japan-neo-geo

Wow thats a hell of a deal..... I use to have an american system but sold it years ago what a dumb move..(in my defense there was no neo geo aes flashcart back then) What should i expect to pay for an american system with no mods and one controller?? I've also been seeing a lot of cracked systems on ebay i guess thats something i need to watch out for...

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
why do you want American System instead of a Japanese system? The 240p cables will not work on an American System btw. Also would get a unibios installed in it, and after that it doesn't matter what country originates from.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202333255460

I bought a US console... The seller is in town and i went and picked it up the other day. Glad to have a system again. I really like the neo geo cd controller... This Neo geo is really getting me excited to collect again!

Last edited:

abathur

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Don't collect. Get a NeoSD.

6rZ8g8R.jpg

ssjlance

Asked For Custom, Rank. Unsure If, I Can Be Bother

This guy gets it.

Best bet is to find a good deal on a Japanese unit. You can either get one that has the UNIBIOS already installed or one without and have it installed after you get the system.

You don't need one as much if you have a NeoSD, but even if you do have a NeoSD, it's still useful. The NeoSD and UNIBIOS both allow user selection of region and arcade/home game modes, The main thing missing if you have a NeoSD without a UNIBIOS is the cheat menu, which in addition to the obvious cheats, lets you play the American version of a game but without censorship.

If you're going to collect official games though, UNIBIOS is practically a must have, whether it's a Japanese or US system. And once you have the UNIBIOS in? Region of the system doesn't matter anymore.