NEOSD PRO Shells PREVIEW

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Why not sell those ? cause shipment would ruin the party. In 2 weeks we should have the new shop/web ready and we will only work with dhl. Ship a shell to usa would be about 18 euros, this ruins the deal at all

shipping fees are part of the hobby ;) no one should add them buying or selling stuff ;) no one sells new & empty shells worldwide... if the price is around 9,99 € this could be an easy & relaxed business. and i am sure that a few ppl would make some customs labels for free... i dont know how the production costs are, but imho shells would sell. and i expect that ppl would always buy 5 - 20 at once...

abathur

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Maybe they just want to sell a highly polished flash cart solution rather than getting into the empty shell business.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Maybe they just want to sell a highly polished flash cart solution rather than getting into the empty shell business.

Correct,
We are not interestd on plastic business.
We did a second mold for neosd pro to honor the neogeo. This has been a great effort to us on the economics side :
Paying molds (original neosd mold was just 1 mold for the 4 pieces of plastic the shell is compossed of), neosd pro project uses 3 molds
Paying china to spain shipping for the shells.

Selling shells at 10 euos, we would loose money and time. Once we have the final numbers on the table : production priece per shell + shipping + molds we will do the real maths but i would not be surprised that for the neosd pro quantities we expect to sell, every shell may end costing us 30 euros at all (i am counting here molds cost, shipping from china to spain and shell injection cost)

J3ster

n00b
Looks slick. Wish there was also a big Neo Geo embossed on it, or SNK logo, but probably never gonna happen because of the rights stuff.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
The photos don't load, dead link or something?

neosd

Neosd Developer
We changed the servers and some images got broken, those are still alive but the links just changed.

PRO is going pretty well, we are just working on what we should have done with the original neosd, packaging and so

neosd

Neosd Developer
I think my answer from yesterday looked like a bit "yeah yeah, its all ok", so i decided to upload a video in order to show NEOSD PRO MVS.

Both NEOSD PRO MVS and NEOSD PRO AES are done, we are just working into produce those : sourching chips, finishing the manual, boxart and so.

We don´t have a release date cause this time we are going to sell the carts only when in stock. We can´t live with backorders anymore and we are not going to rush any aspect. So please, be patient, its done, its near and will come soon, but we don´t have any date.