Thread: Question about supergun / RGB

Cheng's Errand Boy

Question about supergun / RGB

I just bought a used supergun (something pretty old). I want to plug in an OSSC with scart (it has a scart output), but I'm a bit worried about the RGB signal being too strong, as it seems a problem sometimes. I'm not at all a pro about electronics, but from what I understand I should attenuate the signal before sending it to the OSSC.

The problem is I'm not sure what I have in the supergun ... There is only this board, which from its name converts the RGB signal to NTSC. I don't seem to find anything on the internet about this board, does someone know it ?

Here are some pictures :

Sieger's Squire

You have onboard attenuation on the super gun, start off with the 3 x RGB pots low and see how your picture is,, you can always turn up for a brighter picture.
    Fight war not wars.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Quote Originally Posted by thegreathopper View Post
    You have onboard attenuation on the super gun, start off with the 3 x RGB pots low and see how your picture is,, you can always turn up for a brighter picture.
    Oh, thanks ! I wasn't sure it was for that.

I tried with the default setting and it is *so* bright, I'll play with it a bit to find the optimal brightness.

Does the brightness is a gauge to know if there's potential damage ? I mean, is the attenuation independant of the brightness ? From what I read it seems that if it's too bright it can damage the OSSC. Maybe I just didn't understand it correctly.

Thread Information