Do People Still Watch The Simpson's???

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Seriously, I haven't heard A SINGLE PERSON talk about The Simpson's since the 90's. I haven't watched an episode since like 1997.

Fast forward 21 years, and they got renewed for 28 seasons. Maybe even 30.

Who still watches it?

Am I missing something?

Is it even good still?

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I forgot about it after season 15 or something but came back for 26 and it wasn't half bad and then forgot about it.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I remember it all feeling very sedentary in the face of south park and family guy etc and fucking it off about the same time as op did. So, no.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I haven't watched it in years, and stopped buying the DVDs at season 10. I honestly forget it's still on TV, like South Park. It's been a long time since these shows seemed relevant. But someone must be watching them since they keep getting renewed.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I watched this entire video a few months ago and didn't regret it.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i always watch the simpsons. but nothing past season 14/15.

Last edited:

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Their ratings are about 10% of what they were at their peak. I dont know anybody who talks about it, let alone quote anything from the new episodes. One of the amazing things about Simpsons prior season 10 , is that pretty much anyone of a certain age would get a reference from the show. The show is truly a zombie form of itself. I think they just want to get to season 30 to say they did.

I watched an episode recently and some of the voice actors are losing it. The woman who does Marge sounds sooo bad now

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
At this point Simpsons are just as bad as the bazinga show.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
They continued to do the show only to break Gunsmoke's record, which they mocked in the opening episode that did it. Beyond that, all the jokes and antics are all played out...like for the past 15 years.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Seriously, I haven't heard A SINGLE PERSON talk about The Simpson's since the 90's. I haven't watched an episode since like 1997.

Who still watches it?

Am I missing something?

Is it even good still?

I haven't watched it since High school. Same goes for Survivor. It's been on 36 seasons, yet I don't know a single person who watches it.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I still watch Survivor...Haven't watched Simpson since the mid 90s. I used to watch that on Fox with Married With Children & In Living Color

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member

Who still watches it?

Am I missing something?

Is it even good still?
The earlier episodes were better- early to mid-90's. These days the writers repeat themselves a lot. From Season 4, the episode could handle repeated viewings. I don't watch it as much as I used to, because it has a lot of references to religion. It's actually a conservative TV show, in some ways.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
The earlier episodes were better- early to mid-90's. These days the writers repeat themselves a lot. From Season 4, the episode could handle repeated viewings. I don't watch it as much as I used to, because it has a lot of references to religion. It's actually a conservative TV show, in some ways. It makes a big deal of nudity. But in european TV shows and movies, nudity is a normal thing.

Dude, it's a cartoon shown at 6pm, what kind of nudity are you hoping for?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Dude, it's a cartoon shown at 6pm, what kind of nudity are you hoping for?
I was complaining generally about the fact that it's overly conservative, I mean with Ned Flanders, and all the references to Christianity, and other religion. It's like a lot of American TV shows, they push a conservative view of life.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I mean with Ned Flanders, and all the references to Christianity, and other religion. It's like a lot of American TV shows, they push a conservative view of life.

People are finally getting it.

Ned Flanders has always been the true protagonist.

The show has only recently been exposed as merely a conduit for Matt Groening's right wing Christian agenda.

Seriously screw the simpsons. joe8, you're the man, neighborino.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
All I know is the first time I ever watched the Simpsons, I said
"What is this shit? Where's the nudity?"

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I watch all the time and the show seems to be on all the time as well...but I only watch older episodes. Heres the thing for me: everyone pretty much agrees that the 90s was the peak for this show, but I think the 2000s were pretty good too, though not as good as the 90s, but even back then people were saying the show had fallen off, but there are some really good episodes in the 2000s IMO and I enjoy watching these as much as the 90s episodes. Anything after 2010 has been a gradual decline to where the new episodes are practically unwatchable for me. With a show that has been on this long, they keep retreading the same stories and there is only so many different ways they can tell them.

I watched an episode recently and some of the voice actors are losing it. The woman who does Marge sounds sooo bad now

I'm pretty sure it is a different voice actor...I think several of the original actors are gone. There was some sort of dispute some time ago.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'm pretty sure it is a different voice actor...I think several of the original actors are gone. There was some sort of dispute some time ago.

all the voices are the same dude. that dispute was settled and everyone went back to work.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
It's been a long time since I've watched an episode on tv. I have Seasons 1-14 on DVD and will occasionally watch them. If they released the complete series on Blu-ray when the show finally wraps up I'd probably buy it.