Votes: 7 11.1%
  • High School

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Some H.S.

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I have a master degree in engineering. This sounds strange...maybe, but when I started the education, I never thought I would make it through, but I did. I always had a bad confidence when it comes to calculus. It was a lot of hard effort and it is something I'm very proud of having achieved.

I always tell people who are insecure about applying for difficult higher educations that they should apply and go all in. If they put in the effort, don't give up after failures, they can do it. It's all about the mindset.

Last edited:

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
The poll results are inline with what I expected. Given the Neo's high cost of admission, it makes sense that the members of this site would be well educated and likely have higher incomes. I did think this thread would generate a greater amount of discussion. Oh well....not like this site is super active anymore.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
The poll results are inline with what I expected. Given the Neo's high cost of admission, it makes sense that the members of this site would be well educated and likely have higher incomes. I did think this thread would generate a greater amount of discussion. Oh well....not like this site is super active anymore.

I attribute a bit of this to the cost of college, and the age of the members here as well. Some years ago you could work your way through college on summer jobs. Those days are LONG gone. Just a thought.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
none.
there was a national record of achievement, that counted for nothing in the eyes of potential employers.
so, none this end worth pointing out, only hands-on experience counts when searching for a job. :D

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I dropped out of college back in the day to take up an awesome job. I was manager of the arcade in the local mall. Not as awesome as I thought it would be. Looking back on it though, I think that was better than what I was going to school for at the time. Now, after that I did obtain some other education, but just stuff as needed or wanted.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I wonder how your friends died. Could it have been...drugs, brah? That's really relevant to bring up here, brah. I think you have a doctorate in trying hard.

I had another person die in a motor cross accident. FYI

Anyway when people start disappearing you learn what not to do real fast. If you have any sense at all.

Why tf did I bother replying

Really should stop doing that.

Last edited:

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Bachelor + Masters in Economics
Bachelor in Computer Science & Engineering
And a shit ton of courses I already forgot everthing about.

Edit; no regrets but I sometimes yearn to switch my desk job for something more hands-on. Guess that's normal?

Last edited:

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist

At the time when the Neo was out, we weren't educated yet. Most of us anyway. I think we all fall in the category 'too poor to buy it back then so time to compensate'. Which is a feat in itself.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Spoiler:
let the salt flow.
i am educated, just counts for zilch in the real world is all.
money talks, bs walks. :p

Yeah but you’re broke as fuck and can’t get a good job. So keep walking. To another website preferably.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
ah, the isp poster.
it irks you doesn't it mads, that you know shit about what i am irl, that i give nothing.
i see why you're so angry now.
what you have no control over, you chimp out on. :D

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
it irks you doesn't it mads, that you know shit about what i am irl, that i give nothing.
I know that you got fired from your last job and you start a new job tomorrow driving a fork lift.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
:D
here's a little eye-opener for the uk lot.
the week that was 27-05-2018
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNHcBiYTgMc
education at it's finest.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
right on broooo!
that would be a grammatical error old boy! :p
[edit]
a yank lecturing about education, rich!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Master's in classical animation, although in this day and age, I wish that I had opt2not's skill set since everything has gone digital/3D. There isn't too much demand for someone that animates old-school on paper and a peg board anymore, and I'm not interested in uprooting the family for the sake of a job. Contract work is still rather lucrative and more fun since I control the work flow.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I did a degree in accounting and finance then went on to sit my professional exams to be a chartered accountant, which I guess is broadly in line with a masters? Not sure about that.

When I ask myself was my degree worth it, I'd have to say probably not. The course was three years long and gave me exemption from 2 years worth of my chartered accountancy exams, so from that point of view it was a fail. I came out with about £14k worth of debt too. Today you could easily treble that amount here and God knows how much more in the US so I'd say definitely not worth it then.

Fuck me was it good fun though.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Doctorate in Blatant Abuse of Power... from the University of Blonde Billionaires...

xROTx

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Bachelor's in Chemistry, and am about halfway through my Ph.D. in the same.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
o4Rj51I.jpg

5G in SD