2D Con Aug. 3-5th Bloomington, MN

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I missed last year because I was in the hospital but I'll try and make it on the 4th if I can get off work.

It would be cool to see some familiar faces there this year.

https://www.2dcon.net/

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Bump

Heads up this is happening this Fri.-Sun. I'll be there on Sat. hope to see some familiar faces there.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Did anybody go? I'd be curious to hear impressions.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Went earlier today but only stayed for an hour.

Good selection of arcade games to play, including MvC2, a 4 slot Neo Geo with Magical Drop 2, Metal Slug 4, Bust a Move and one other game. There was a D&D Shadow Over Mysteria that was being played continuously, Sunset Riders, Turtles in Time, Ninja Baseball Batman by Irem, House of the Dead and a slew of Japanese rhythm games, including a drum game I haven't seen before, a piano game, a Final Fantasy Theatrerhythm game, a beatmania game, and DDR.

I thought the vendor area and the console gaming area were kind of weak. The vendor area had very little video gaming stuff, dominated mostly by artists selling game related drawings. There was one table of a local store selling games, and a few vendors selling dice and D&D stuff.

The console gaming area was mainly set up with Switch and newer systems.

There was no sign of Sony and Nintendo with tables; the only table this year was Dave & Busters.

Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm outgrowing video games and cons, but I don't think I'll go next year.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
Greg,

How many people were there in attendance?

Went earlier today but only stayed for an hour.

Good selection of arcade games to play, including MvC2, a 4 slot Neo Geo with Magical Drop 2, Metal Slug 4, Bust a Move and one other game. There was a D&D Shadow Over Mysteria that was being played continuously, Sunset Riders, Turtles in Time, Ninja Baseball Batman by Irem, House of the Dead and a slew of Japanese rhythm games, including a drum game I haven't seen before, a piano game, a Final Fantasy Theatrerhythm game, a beatmania game, and DDR.

I thought the vendor area and the console gaming area were kind of weak. The vendor area had very little video gaming stuff, dominated mostly by artists selling game related drawings. There was one table of a local store selling games, and a few vendors selling dice and D&D stuff.

The console gaming area was mainly set up with Switch and newer systems.

There was no sign of Sony and Nintendo with tables; the only table this year was Dave & Busters.

Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm outgrowing video games and cons, but I don't think I'll go next year.